Need a new pair of headphones with mic

The Penguins

So my old mic broke and I'm in need of a new one. Any recommendations? I don't need anything too fancy, just something $40 or less and lets me chat and listen. It being somewhat comfortable is a plus

tbh, I just use a pair of sony MDR-ZX100.. They're really cheap and are comfortable for their price... As for a mic, I just use a cheap logitech mic 

• Like 1

I strongly recommend the steelseries siberia 200. They are the new version of sibera v2 which was one of the most popular budget headsets of all time. I had 2 pairs of v2s that lasted me forever and recently bought a pair of the 200s and i love them. If your computer has a headphone and mic jack you can save money as the usb version with a built in soundcard is about 20-30 more than the ones with the basic inputs

• Like 1

I got the Logitech G230 on sale during boxing week for about $55 CAD and I really like them, they sound great and the mic has background noise cancellation!

They look pretty nice too, black and red

• Like 1

I strongly recommend the steelseries siberia 200. They are the new version of sibera v2 which was one of the most popular budget headsets of all time. I had 2 pairs of v2s that lasted me forever and recently bought a pair of the 200s and i love them. If your computer has a headphone and mic jack you can save money as the usb version with a built in soundcard is about 20-30 more than the ones with the basic inputs

steelseries has horrible sound quality, this isn't a good one.

• Like 2

I too would suggest the G230. I've used Logitech's G430, which is basically G230 with additional features. It was an incredibly comfortable pair of headphones. 

• Like 1

Razer Kraken 7.1's are amazing tbh

I've tried the Kraken Chroma. It unfortunately one of the most uncomfortable pair of headphones I've used. The earcups didn't completely go over my ears and pressed against my head.

I recommend a SADES Spellond, they're comfy and have a really good Mic built into them, I got them for cheap and on Amazon.  But be sure you're buying from the right SADES, because another company is imitating them.

This is the one I currently own, and from my experience, is a great sounding mic that I can wear for hours and it's still comfortable. If you don't like the look, there's this, which is pretty much the same thing but different look.