Applying TF2 Trading to real life (profiting)

Hugh Jazz

I'm not entirely sure what you try to say.

But it is possible to make real life (singapore)$$ from tf2 trading. Several people have cashed out thousands of dollars, much more than they invested.

However, its extremely time-consuming. You can make some money, but getting a 'proper' job will always give you more. If you enjoy trading its a nice thing to do on the side, but I doubt you could do much more than pay your bills even when full time trading

I'm not entirely sure what you try to say.

But it is possible to make real life (singapore)$$ from tf2 trading. Several people have cashed out thousands of dollars, much more than they invested.

However, its extremely time-consuming. You can make some money, but getting a 'proper' job will always give you more. If you enjoy trading its a nice thing to do on the side, but I doubt you could do much more than pay your bills even when full time trading

Oh, I don't mean actual money from TF2 trading. I mean like trading stuff in real life you know? Like maybe investments or buying stuff for low and selling high or something like that.

Oh, I don't mean actual money from TF2 trading. I mean like trading stuff in real life you know? Like maybe investments or buying stuff for low and selling high or something like that.

Oh that. Well I guess that's what supermarkets do. Buy low from bulk sellers, sell a lot of things centralised and specified for high to customers. All trading companies do this, and its how 17th century Holland got rich. Buy cheap grain in Baltic sea, sell for 20* that in Southern Europe.

I mean, you learn how to look up good deals, at least

Usually in real life you're not able to flip a profit on most commodities

Go out and learn some actual economics if you want to invest or something

blue chip company- a stable stock that rises slowly, but doesn't tend to drop. maybe they'd be the equivalent of an item that consistently goes up over time. 

buy low, sell high. some basics. 

You could. Craigslist. The principles would be the same, there are going to be people who need fast money so they will sell asset lower than what they could get for it. Boats, cars, big boy toys etc. You can also go bid on storage lockers of people who havn't paid the fee (kinda like buying backpacks).

You can also go bid on storage lockers of people who havn't paid the fee (kinda like buying backpacks).

Storage locker auctions are never a good way to make money. Storage Wars and all its clones plant items to increase tension

Storage locker auctions are never a good way to make money. Storage Wars and all its clones plant items to increase tension

I am sure they do but it still makes money if you want to get into this sort of thing. Part of any kind of trading like this is cost of storage and it generally does look very impressive to potential mates.

Craigslist can Actually make you money if you know how to review what the average selling price is and find items sold for significantly under second-hand value. You then sell them for slightly under the second hand value. (you're going to need about $500 in startup funds)

$1-100 -> Speakers, Video Games, Small TVs, etc

$100-500-> More Speakers/sound systems (be careful there are a lot of fakes), Consoles, Computers, Big TVs, etc

Of course in real life you have to watch out for people that will rob you by force when you get there and other such scams (make sure it works right first and don't buy something you don't know a decent amount about)

I am sure they do but it still makes money if you want to get into this sort of thing. Part of any kind of trading like this is cost of storage and it generally does look very impressive to potential mates.

No one puts truly valuable things in storage. While you can make money off the stuff in storage lockers, it tends to be more "low-end garage sale" than "antique store".

Craigslist can Actually make you money if you know how to review what the average selling price is and find items sold for significantly under second-hand value. You then sell them for slightly under the second hand value. (you're going to need about $500 in startup funds)

$1-100 -> Speakers, Video Games, Small TVs, etc

$100-500-> More Speakers/sound systems (be careful there are a lot of fakes), Consoles, Computers, Big TVs, etc

Of course in real life you have to watch out for people that will rob you by force when you get there and other such scams (make sure it works right first and don't buy something you don't know a decent amount about)

This is true. But you have to add storage and time. I'm probably older than most of you and have a career. I sell stuff on the side, but my garage is fill of stuff. Pictures, listing, dealing, all takes time and energy. If your a person with a career and children, this becomes difficult to flip quickly. The more time I spend on the stuff, the less time I have for TF2 :) and football

I got friends who trade in physical goods using similar sites like Ebay.

One often buys Iphone models at a good price and resells for more within a week making around 50 EUR profit every time. The other guy trades in cars and can make atleast 200 EUR profit at each. Just need to buy the right thing at the right price

It's pretty much same. But communication is different and you got to know the product well in which you trade. Also there are more risk involved

In cars your profit margins should be in the 750-1000 range simply due to the cost of the initial investment.

Profit margin depends on cost and on a certain percentage not a specific number. His cost are €1200 max incl. tax and insurance + gas. 200 EUR is what he can make atleast, but 400 EUR profit is possible too. 750-1000 are what garages probably make on more expensive cars

Hm I surely think this will work.

1.Get a pan for $10

2. Paint it gold

3. Sell it for $5500

4. Profit!

5. heuheu

Won't work unless it count kills.

Archived