WHERE ARE THE PUBS!?! -Everyone who left TF2 for overhyped)

Wolf the Gent

The new and much more improved pubs can be found in the new casual mode found in the big rectangular button that says play. They work exactly the same as any other pub you'd normally play on, except it is more balanced, you can choose from a pool of maps you only want to play, and the teams are more balanced (Aka. harder for one person to pubstomp an entire team) The queue times are even almost non-existent, since you dont have to search for over 1000 servers using quickplay

• Like 3

Although this is common knowledge, you are right. There's not much to complain about in my opinion, people who are saying the game is ruined have no idea what they're talking about.

Although this is common knowledge, you are right. There's not much to complain about in my opinion, people who are saying the game is ruined have no idea what they're talking about.

Yeah, this post was mainly made to ensure that people stopped saying, "we want pubs back" cause they are already here. Just better.

But yeah, after a week of playing this update is pretty awesome, I really can't see why people dislike it.

Was "overhyped" meant to be Overwatch?

Anyhow, the problem with casual mode is that auto balance is now a thing of the past. It's a good and bad thing, depending on the circumstances you're in. Having no auto balance means that once people leave due to the other team being more skilled, they can easily overpower your team as they have the mann-advantage (ba-dum tss) once people from your side leave - it isn't a fair advantage after all. On the other hand, auto balance could put you on the other team if you die, and you won't have the same synergy you had with your previous team with the current team and can be an irritant to some.

Was "overhyped" meant to be Overwatch?

Anyhow, the problem with casual mode is that auto balance is now a thing of the past. It's a good and bad thing, depending on the circumstances you're in. Having no auto balance means that once people leave due to the other team being more skilled, they can easily overpower your team as they have the mann-advantage (ba-dum tss) once people from your side leave - it isn't a fair advantage after all. On the other hand, auto balance could put you on the other team if you die, and you won't have the same synergy you had with your previous team with the current team and can be an irritant to some.

Yes, overwatch is overhyped. Idk, fun game but didn't grasp me from TF2. I play both on a 60-40 scale, tf2 being the majority. Anyways a recent update kinda fixed that where people searching get immediately joined into a game that is missing a person. Seems to be working well.

• Like 2

Yes, overwatch is overhyped. Idk, fun game but didn't grasp me from TF2. I play both on a 60-40 scale, tf2 being the majority. Anyways a recent update kinda fixed that where people searching get immediately joined into a game that is missing a person. Seems to be working well.

I didnt leave tf2 for overwatch. I just havent played tf2 regularly for ages, i still go on and play PASS sometimes but yeah. Its basically like gmod, overwatch, csgo, and other games. I mean playing tf2 for 8 years, it finally gets boring :^)

pubs were the best thing in tf2 and now they are gone.

casual mode is an abortion and could just have easily replaced the quickplay function (that nobody used once they found out they can use the server browser to find exactly what map/game they wanted) without the cost of deleting every valve server from pubs.

community servers would be a viable option if valve hadn't murdered them all ages ago.

pubs were the best thing in tf2 and now they are gone.

casual mode is an abortion and could just have easily replaced the quickplay function (that nobody used once they found out they can use the server browser to find exactly what map/game they wanted) without the cost of deleting every valve server from pubs.

community servers would be a viable option if valve hadn't murdered them all ages ago.

"Were"? They still are... Casual is a much better quickplay in general, this is what this entire article is about, to ensure people such as yourself knows where the pubs have gone.

"Were"? They still are... Casual is a much better quickplay in general, this is what this entire article is about, to ensure people such as yourself knows where the pubs have gone.

From what I've seen and heard, the game is much more geared to trying to win. 

I never played TF2 for the objective unless it was competitive. I played to run around DMing people which I thought was a lot of fun. 

I haven't played tf2 in quite a while, but from what I've heard, I can no longer just hop on a hightower pub and kill everyone without a lot more people pushing the cart than before. 

Also idk, there was something way more satisfying about looking through servers playing certain maps and seeing how much players were on, and then joining from there rather than using a queue.

nobody ever used quickplay because it sucked. you could use the server browser to choose the map you wanted on a server that was optimal, out of a sea of thousands of possible servers.

now you can't choose shit. you tell the game you want to play it and the game puts you on a server based on how full it is, not latency.

they took out your choices to make you use the awful quickplay feature but they added ranks to make you think it's something new.

welcome to 2016, where games have less features, and diehard fanboys will gurgle out a defense for it at any opportunity.

open wide because here comes ranked mode and the "ranked" unranked casual mode. no pubs for anyone, no fun allowed. only ranks. ranks are your new video game.

don't call it "competitive" because comparing it to actual competitive TF2 is a joke.