Suggestion Question: Strange Degreaser, 16.66, polar

Salvage

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/572a6f2bc440453be5418da7

polar stated that the suggestion in question is a less than 5% change, which is true. On the other hand, the suggestion was a change by a rec (0.33), which has been confirmed to be always OK by numerous mods previously, I would understand if the suggestion was closed because at the time of it being closed the sellers were already way lower and a more meaningful change could've been made but that still leaves confusion about polar's statement.

I can't remember what i was thinking 3 months ago. But just looking it at, it looks like it had bad proof for such a common item.

I can't remember what i was thinking 3 months ago. But just looking it at, it looks like it had bad proof for such a common item.

Alright, was just really confused about that comment and just had to ask. :P

Alright, was just really confused about that comment and just had to ask. :P

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/36705-guide-for-non-unusual-suggestions/

Making Suggestions That Are Meaningful and Relevant

We ask suggesters to avoid making suggestions changing the values on items by less than 5% unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Sometimes the compelling reason is to significantly alter the range while keeping the mean the same. Suggestions changing the mean value by less than 5% are left to the moderator's discretion whether they should be accepted or not. We want to encourage meaningful suggestions that are helpful to the community, not suggestions that promote clutter.

The rules don't say anything about a rec change being okay. I have said that personally (at my discretion) I will not usually close suggestions where the change is at least a reclaimed. But if you don't want a suggestion closed, then make meaningful changes. Anything under 5% is pretty meaningless. And I would certainly close a suggestion changing value from 20 ref to 19.66 ref, etc. So just because the change is a reclaimed, doesn't mean it's a necessary, useful change.