Suggestion Question: Cloudy Moon Human Cannonball, 280 keys

Weirdiolio

http://backpack.tf/suggestion/5789ae718667471b3e036491

This suggestion violates backpack.tf's own suggestion guidelines. The sale used in this instance was involving a duped moon cannonball, which CANNOT be used to lower the value of the clean version of the hat. Therefore, this suggestion should have not been accepted.

Suggestion guidelines: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6033-guide-for-unusual-price-suggestions/

There are no non-duped versions in existence. As far as premium search can tell at least.

As far as I can tell, the 2 year previous suggestion was based off when the hat was clean.

As far as I can tell, the 2 year previous suggestion was based off when the hat was clean.

Yes, it was clean at the time, but it doesn't really make sense to have a clean price when no clean hats exist any more, right? We do what we feel is in the best interests of the community as a whole. If the only hats getting traded around are duped ones, we should let people know what those are getting traded at.

Yes, it was clean at the time, but it doesn't really make sense to have a clean price when no clean hats exist any more, right? We do what we feel is in the best interests of the community as a whole. If the only hats getting traded around are duped ones, we should let people know what those are getting traded at.

I guess in that case, the guidelines should be updated to supply a possible exception to the rule.

I guess in that case, the guidelines should be updated to supply a possible exception to the rule.

Yeah, I originally made the guide to cover exceptions. But in the end the whole guide ended up being more than 20 pages long and I wasn't even finished. As it is, a lot of people find it too long, so I think for now we're going to leave things as simple as we can. The most important thing in there is in the first few lines under "Important things to note before getting started." We do our best to apply principles of common sense in ways we feel will best capture actual market values of hats and in ways we feel are best for the community. Whenever an exception comes up, we'll try to comment in the suggestions or here in the forums if someone has a question like the one you pose here.