.16 keys or .2 keys?

Hugh Jazz

So the first ref is worth more than the others? 

Exactly my argument  in the price discussion. changing .2 to .15 or .1 makes the list have MORE consistency. People argue back that "people just see .2 as 1 ref anyway" but really the classifieds are full of .2 = 1.11 or 1.22 or even 2 ref so there is no consistency there. .15 makes it simple to determine that someone means 1 ref and not 2 (.3 is generally 2 so .15 is obviously 1).

And I love how someone was butthurt enough by my rational arguments that they -1'd each of my posts on there.

http://backpack.tf/classifieds/search/id/5200384d4bd7b84379000021

At time of posting All but 1 of the 1.1 key sellers are asking 1 key and 1 ref.

http://backpack.tf/stats/5046/6/0

First 2 sellers consider .2 = 1.33 not 1 ref

I can continue finding examples but you get my point. Just because the "pricing guide" uses .2=1 ref doesn't mean anybody else knows that. People can't really make an even calculation of what .2 of 6.33 ref actually is (1.26 so 1.22 ref +wep really). Some people use it as 1 ref, some 1.33, and others 2. the Use of .2 in the list just serves to confuse players.

Would be accurate technically.~

I like two decimal places. The price of keys will keep going up in refined, so the closer the price of a item matches with the actual amount of refined that the price is meant to represent, the less price distortion there will be whenever the price of keys is changed.

Better yet, Brad should put in three seperate input fields for the price of an item; one for buds, one for keys and one for refined and let the site calculate the price to two decimal places in the most appropriate currency. For example, you can put in 1 key and 1 ref for the low end and 1 key and 2 ref for the high end and the site will automatically convert that to 1.16 - 1.32 keys. The site will auto-adjust the price based on the original input whenever the price of one of the currencies changes, so it'll change the price to 1.15 - 1.30 keys automatically if the price of keys goes up for example.

The guy on OP's post is the new thermal. I don't close his suggestions because of the many people who upvoted.

Thermals's secret alt.

Archived