how 2 unusual

uncle paco

Always make sure you can get an unusual for the best possible deal as that allows you to have a suitable profit margin that you can work with and fallback on if you can't sell an unusual at your expected price. This can be done by negotiating well and being firm on an offer or price, or carefully persuading the other party as to up their offer. Even a sweet or two from a trade are good. Following this, I'd say to be persistent and only lower your prices when you feel like it is needed and it's your last resort - often, a lower buyout can mean that you get lower offers (of course.)

Be open for any offers. Sometimes, you might get an unusual offer with some pure. Other times, you may get item overpay in the form of different unique items. Do some research and make an educated guess on what you could get for that offer, how much you would get by selling the items from that offer and how long it would take to sell those items. Always think ahead so you make a smart decision on whether you should buy an unusual or not. Often, unusuals with outdated prices can cost you your keys at times, due to the lack of sales and thus, the lack of knowledge on whether someone is willing to buy it at it's outdated price or anywhere near that.

Advertise on TF2Outpost and on Backpack.tf Classifieds as much as possible. The more you can bump those trades often, the more interest you can potentially spark in other users.

Always listen to mengh, add him and pester him to help you so you will earn profit

• Like 3

you can get some profit very easy and yes made profit isn't hard just take your time waiting for good offer never rush open to offer be friendly can help to get better deal never give up even if you fail a trade one time think you will get better offer next time.

the more money they have, the less likely they make or propose trades that benefit anyone other than themselves

No one says this enough, but it's the single best piece of advice out there.

Trading is like 1v1ing someone. You're much more likely to win if the other guy is worse at it than you are.

The better/more experienced someone is at trading, the higher the chance that you'll get quickscoped and get the worse end of the deal by trading with them.

Is this a good idea?

Being stuck with a unusual that I can't sell so I decide to do the normal trading to gather up some keys to upgrade my unusual

I've been thinking about this idea but I have no clue how it would execute

Is this a good idea?

Not really.

The best idea is this:

1. Find items with a good profit margin, that you can also afford to buy several of (several different items is usually better than several of one item, but use experience to decide).

2. Figure out how much time you want to invest in trading, and invest it.

3. Get an irl jorb instead, it's much better use of time

3. Trade until it feels like you have too many items and not enough time to do all the trades; at this point, proceed to step 4.

4. Find more expensive items that also have good profit margins; begin to trade them instead of the others. Proceed to step 3.

4b. Adjust the balance between steps 3 and 4 on an ongoing basis to suit your preferences.

Keeping a steady flow of purchases and sales is critical to keeping your irl rage meter down. Investing in a small number of high-value items can cause sales constipation and burnout, whereas too many low-value items can require too much time and effort, and also lead to burnout. Investing everything in ONE unusual is probably a bad idea, unless you can find an excellent deal.

I have 7 keys in metal and a bit over,is that enough to start the unusual career?

If you can find a nice quicksell of an unusual 10-11 keys and not duped, I'd say you could buy it then resell for 8 or 9 keys. From then, you can try to buy higher valued unusuals and go from there.

If you can find a nice quicksell of an unusual 10-11 keys and not duped, I'd say you could buy it then resell for 8 or 9 keys. From then, you can try to buy higher valued unusuals and go from there.

Duped at that low tier doesn't really matter if there are few sellers out there. It doesn't really matter at all if you happen to be the only seller afterwards unless it is a collector you are dealing with.

Try to start with a cheap, but decent effect (fetti, circling logo,...).

NnB, Steaming, ... are hard to sell, and it's even harder when it's on a crappy, not-wanted hat.

When I was unusual trading, I would generally never buy a hat that I wouldn't wear myself. In the case I was stuck with it for a while, I would still wear it around and not feel bad about buying it and waiting for better offers.