thoughts on the Mini NES (new NES console)

MrDeepDarkmind

Nintendo apparently made the Miniature NES (Mini NES) which is a tiny replica of the NES that's the size of your hand.

It comes with 30 NES games like 

Ghosts and goblins 

balloon fight 

and etc idk the rest but whats your opinion on this new portable console or console  

It'll probably make nintendo a lot of dosh, which is good since they've been in fiscal trouble for quite some time.

As for the product itself, meh. It'll basically just be a glorified emulator, and with a $30 Raspberry Pi, you can very easily make your own emulation machine that's much more versatile.

The 30 games they chose are a mixed bag. The Marios and Zeldas are obvious choices, and Startropics is a nice inclusion, but was Castlevania II really necessary? It's just not a good game. The pacman port probably wasn't necessary either. I would have added Blaster Master and Crystalis, but that's just me.

Those new NES controllers look pretty solid, though. And even better, it's confirmed that they're compatible with the Wii U.

It's more of a novelty item than anything, why would I pay $60+ dollars for a game system with 33 games when I could just emulate all of 'em and more on my own PC or smartphone for free?

I dont see a point in it unless your an avid Nintendo fan who likes to collect stuff

Even the toastery of toasters can emulate a SNES.

I emulated earthbound on my 1997 PC a Pentium 4 1GB ram and a Rage 128 pro without any problems

Some people actually want to support Nintendo legitimately and have been asking them to give them the means to do so. Now what might be more interesting is if they come up with a way of adding more games to the thing

Some people actually want to support Nintendo legitimately and have been asking them to give them the means to do so. Now what might be more interesting is if they come up with a way of adding more games to the thing

It would be cool if they made it look really cool and added some features but all games were free and downloadable.

I would pay like $60 if it came with 2 classic snes controllers and looks snazzy. Theres this emulator for SNES that makes games in 3D (atleast it tries) and it looks cool. If nintendo would do that but make it actually work that would be awesome.

Agreed. Plus, with it being an official product, I feel there's just going to be more polish to it compared to a straight up emulation.

Of course, the people who talk about emulation are not the focal audience for the device. The audience is for people who want a nice, retro experience, either to relish in nostalgia, or to introduce their childhood games to the next generation. And at 30 childhood classics for the price of 1 new game, it's a bargain.

Me, I know I'll get one to set up in my office next to my SNES.

There's emulation, but if I don't want to deal with that mess (since it's not always perfect) or if I want to use the NES controller this is a perfection option.