Price keys and Buds in USD instead of basing it on metal

☣Long218☢

So with the current way of how bp.tf value backpacks, everything is based on metal. Why don't we just based more expensive items with keys or buds. For example, key is at $1.35 and item that is based off keys would use key's usd value instead of metal usd value. For earbuds, maybe the price of them should be $37 and everything that is priced in buds will be change if and only if buds change in value. Sounds good ? If not post your opinions.

FYI, I did PM Brad on this. Addressing this is on his radar, but I don't know when he's going to get to it. It seems like his angle will be to do cash voting on all 3 but I don't think that's final. It will be a ton of code he's going to have to rewrite and he's been busy with all these other new features.

I guess we just need to keep coming up with options and be patient until he can get around to it :L

Here's options that have been brought up before: (no particular order)

1. PC unusuals only using usd

2. Separate website for unusuals

3. Vote on cash value of buds/keys/ref

4. Make buds or keys the primary currency instead of ref

5. Introduce an internal correction factor that would take the refined price and adjust the cash prices of keys/buds.

Quoting Brad:

"I tried to make keys worth 5% less than its metal value and buds 10% less than ref value (example).. But there's a LOT of code to change. Couldn't really finish anything close to reality and had so many features planned that it's on the back burner.

It'd probably be easier to allow dual currencies for these 3 items and re-write some stuff. It's still a lot of work."

So that's my update for you guys. News is news, good or bad, gotta report it.

Archived