is this considered as a scam or not?

Regenbogenbjörn ⇄

so, i just traded some hightier stuff with a guy, the problem is, that i didn't told the guy that the hat is bugged, the effect (misty skull mohawk) is obviously around the waist, it was not a big problem for me because i thought it is just a simple bug, like with most of the orbiting effects or morning glory/D@D so i didn't thought it is necessary to tell everyone. apparently the guy is really mad now, which i can understand a little bit, but now he is blackmailing me that he will make a report on steam rep if i don't do a retrade. My Question is: is this is actually a reason to report someone? (and is it considered as a scam?) because i didnt told that the effect was bugged (he also didnt asked if it is), because if so, i will do a retrade.

i just want to know, who is the right one here

Pretty sure it is a bug. I get it sometimes, where I can't change the position of the effect, from your stomach to above your head. However, other times, it does work if that position is kept by default / the change position button appears.

Anyhow, he should be complaining to Steam Support about this bug and not to you, due to the fact that it's merely just a bug. Furthermore, he should have checked it out first and done some background knowledge, asking for you to go in-game as to see it. In my opinion, he didn't get scammed. He can still resell the hat for the same amount he had got it as no actual item values have been changed and it's just merely a visual issue he is complaining about.

• Like 3

Pretty sure it is a bug. I get it sometimes, where I can't change the position of the effect, from your stomach to above your head. However, other times, it does work if that position is kept by default / the change position button appears.

Anyhow, he should be complaining to Steam Support about this bug and not to you, due to the fact that it's merely just a bug. Furthermore, he should have checked it out first and done some background knowledge, asking for you to go in-game as to see it. In my opinion, he didn't get scammed. He can still resell the hat for the same amount he had got it as no actual item values have been changed and it's just merely a visual issue he is complaining about.

ok thanks for your opinion. I could tell him all that but he removed me and doesnt want to talk to me. he also wanted to keep it as endgame hat, so he doesn't want to resell it.

If you didn't misrepresent it as something else, for example claiming it's a different hat or a different effect, then it's not a scam.

Adjusting unusual effect placements is flaky, but he should be able to fix it if he works at it.

• Like 1

Wait, so let me get this straight.
You trade this guy a bugged unusual, and he gets mad because you didn't tell him, and now he's trying to file a report against you?

Considering one of my friends sold a glitched fortunate son w/ bubbles for like 50 keys cause the effect was around his arse, if I were him I wouldn't be angry at all.

• Like 2

Lol no, that is not a scam. Everyone knows that some effects are buggy, and most often adjusting the effect makes it work. Valve is to beblamed, not you.

It's the same for duped hats: saying a hat is clean when you are asked if it's duped, even though it's duped, is extremely dishonest, but not caring to mention it when the other party did not ask, is absolutely not wrong.

• Like 1

if something is out of your control (A bug within the game) he should be aware of it and you aren't obliged to tell him anything

• Like 1

He should have asked if he actually cares. D@D and MG are some of my fav effects, and every time I was gonna buy a hat with those effects I asked for a screenshot.

Edit: Even before asking, i usually check his screenshots just in case he has uploaded some screenshots of the hat. Its easy to check, he is just mad because he forgot to do a background knowledge.

• Like 2

• Administrators

It's not a scam but in my opinion if you really wanna trade in good faith then you should trade him back. Just an opinion though and I'm certainly not going to force you. I have removed the negative trust on your account.

• Like 1

It's not a scam but in my opinion if you really wanna trade in good faith then you should trade him back. Just an opinion though and I'm certainly not going to force you. I have removed the negative trust on your account.

i thought about trading it back to him but he kept removing me when i wanted to talk to him and told me to fuck off and things like that. if he friendly asked if we could do a retrade, i'd probably did it, but he was so rude that i decided not to. And he sold the hat anyways now, so i can't even retrade anymore.

thanks for removing my negative trust though :)