novice trader asking for assistance...

SickleHammer Maniac

So just registered on backpack.tf a couple of days ago only wanting to buy two items: Heat of Winter and The gentleman's Ushanka for the medic, okay I checked the offers, all are basically 6.44 ref for HoW, so I sent a trade offer to the sellers with exactly that, 4 times, to 4 different sellers....

All declined and "I HAVE NO IDEA!" why...

Am I missing something? The description specifies they are selling the items for 6.44 ref (6 ref, 1 rec and 1 scrap right?), so why is everybody declining my offers?

I even check their inventory again maybe they had it sold to somebody else, but nope.

Help would be helpful :P

Pretty please.

Do you have mobile authentication hooked up to your steam?

A lot of users despise those that don't due to the fact that they have to wait 15 days for the trade to occur.

Thanks for the reply, yes I have mobile authentication on, confirmed all the trade offers with it...

dunno some people are like that 

use scrap.tf

Thanks for the reply, yes I have mobile authentication on, confirmed all the trade offers with it...

use scrap.tf

Quite a few people are, 5 declined offers now :\ Guess I should try your suggestion.

Another thing they keep saying "pure or overpay", what do these two mean?

I assume "pure" is just the exact quantity of metal they ask?

And overpay is asking for more?

Quite a few people are, 5 declined offers now :\ Guess I should try your suggestion.

Another thing they keep saying "pure or overpay", what do these two mean?

I assume "pure" is just the exact quantity of metal they ask?

And overpay is asking for more?

Pure=metal, Keys etc

Overpay may be required if you are paying in Items

use scrap.tf

Whats even stupider is when you send 10 offers to the highest buyers on bp,tf and 0 accept. At that point they might as well not have their ad up in the first place.

Pure=metal, Keys etc

Overpay may be required if you are paying in Items

Thanks for clearing that up!

Whats even stupider is when you send 10 offers to the highest buyers on bp,tf and 0 accept. At that point they might as well not have their ad up in the first place.

I know right?

I actually may have found why my trade offers were declined, made a trade with a friend, and even though I'm using mobile authentication I still get 1 day of trade hold. . .

I am soo confused...

Am I being a victim of sanctions due to my name and avatar or something?

• Administrators

Normally, if people that have sell orders listed on the classifieds reject your offer, despite it being their exact buyout in metal (or keys if applicable), you can report the listing to get it removed.

However, this can only be done if you have the mobile authenticator activated, and have had it as such for 7 days or more, as to avoid trade holds. Traders are allowed to reject trades from people that have trade holds, even if they offer their full buyout.

It seems like you still have the trade holds. This is probably caused by the fact that you activated your mobile authenticator, but have not had it activated for longer than a week. In this situation, I would advice you to wait a week before trying to send the offers again. It will be faster for you (as the waiting period for trade holds is 15 days, vs 7 days until you can trade regularly), and more convenient for the seller.

Once your trade holds are gone, you should be able to buy from the classifieds freely!