New tf2 update thoughts?

kaytradamus

What do you guys think? from a playing point of view, not a trading point of view. Ive just tried to play, and been thrown out the game 3 times in 15 minutes from lack of connection to the new "tf2 matchmaking service". From what i can see there are now no valve public servers, and you must join through matchmaking. Can someone explain to me with good reason why they did this? was it not fine the way it was? This is like leaving people with no option to play competitive mode now. Ive tried several times to use the new "casual" mode and it just doesnt work, it takes too damn long. I could be on a server and playing within 30 seconds with the old setup.

Just tried again to play and its shit itself again, wont let me. Could be because of massive load? idk.

Also, can someone please explain to me why valve is making tf2 like csgo? would it not be advantageous to have multiple different games not multiple similar ones?

This is going to alienate most newcomers to tf2, because it is now overly complicated and they wont understand it. I really cannot understand why valve did this, overwatch is already taking from the tf2 audience so why would they change it this radically now. I am open to change, i took the skins update with an open mind, but matchmaking in a game as casual as tf2 is just ridiculous.

I need you guys to help me understand this, this has made me want to leave the game lol. Sorry if this comes off as qq, im trying to get my head around it

Quickplay is more dead than the righteous bison. It's either casual, competitive, or community servers. But most of them are crap anyway. Anyone who wants to play a standard match like they used to is going to have to wait for valve to revert the changes, assuming they ever do.

Connections will be shit for a while because of all the people downloading the update and trying to play. 

This is going to alienate most newcomers to tf2, because it is now overly complicated and they wont understand it. 

Something something "too complex for new players"

overwatch is already taking from the tf2 audience

As long as I'm posting here anyway, that's not entirely true. The average amount of tf2 players last month actually went up, despite the release of overwatch. It's having an effect, but not significantly more so than any other game.

su su su suCKKKKS BALLLS

Honest saying

ok it is fucking shit but at least ANY all class hats can be strange or unusual now 

Unlocked crates are basically new currency counter part to keys 

Heavy will always be master race

They added the weapons that i like being strange

They made pub look like cod now

Sunshine is a fucking process clone

all other maps are good

PASS time is prolly the best game type for comp

New game mode beta: Super casual games! It's like the old pubs but only for those under 100 hours of playing tf2 or partied by someone under 100 hours.

New game mode beta: Super casual games! It's like the old pubs but only for those under 100 hours of playing tf2 or partied by someone under 100 hours.

Can you say "smurf magnet"

triggered

I thought phi openly stated that process was pretty much a redone process? And the new changes to sunshine are pretty good, retard sniper sightlines are gone.

Also, quickiebomb launcher is op now, the pub matchmaking thing does not work at all and it is utterly stupid that you get no experience when your team loses

• Like 1

Quickiebomb buff why exactly?

An every-hat-in-a-crate idea why again?

Natascha and Brass beast nerfs why?

there's alot of "Why"s in this update

Two things definitely needed though - CaC nerf and Sleeper buff

I want normal pubs back

EDIT: A deathmatch or free for all kinda game mode would be neat in replacement of pubs (definitely NOT copying csgo.. at ALL.)

I like the cosmetic/crate updates tho i think

also i think the drops should be rarer so we dont have 60 million of each rare unusual popping up

Welp, been in the queue for a good 30 minutes now. Guess I can't hop into a Valve server anymore to play a quick game, huh? Yay, good job.

EDIT:

Was able to join a game after an hour in the queue. It was a better experience than pubs before the update, but not quite worth waiting 1 hour...

• Like 2

Quickiebomb buff why exactly?

An every-hat-in-a-crate idea why again?

Natascha and Brass beast nerfs why?

there's alot of "Why"s in this update

Two things definitely needed though - CaC nerf and Sleeper buff

Because people like me 

like using strange cosmetics (except strange hats)

20 min waiting to join any fkn game, after joining surprise game already started! and you play 8 vs 12

VALVE WTF? gj they said team balancing will be no need (like in quickplay was a little annoying) but in damn quickplay you play x vs x or x vs x+1 not x vs x+4 WTF? this is worst tf2 update ever made. Bring back quickplay.

and after this i didnt play any other game because

cant connect to fkn items server

tryiing to recconect to game coordinator

all time and no my internet is not shit 50 Mbit/s

in this time i would play like 1-1.5 hr in quickplay but no i played only one 5 min unbalanced game.

and finding game with my favorite Pipeline is impossible

Valve go f*ck yourself

edit: and also didnt get PASS Time Early Participation Pin even if i played PASS time in beta...

found my root of the problem apparently if you have mods installed or huds wont work until they are updated or a new patch for tf2

I will express it in one sentence

TF-tubers losing their ability to Pubstomp >:D

Dark Falkirk being made all class is a pile of stupidity not just on a trading side (because these all class updates are getting f*cking annoying) but because it made no sense to be all class.

The Scout got the Heralds Helm which looks a little similar but the Falkirk is for demoknight.

Why not make all hats all class. Seems no point not to anymore. (Dapper looks equally as crap)

Time for more "This is now all class I want 1000 keys"

R.I.P Soda Popper. With the lowest health in game the scout will have a tough time with those 2 shots per clip to build enough hype to actually bounce behind and flank the enemy. Basically removed the tactical side of the popper.

Powerjack, Natascha and Degreaser already had strange quality so why were they included in the new crate? Tide turner? Eureka effect? What happened to them?

Unlocked crates just made the choice of whether to use keys or save them up a lot easier. Now they will likely crash since part of their function has become obselete and the new crates will become valued at a key.

One good thing is the engi finally getting a hitbox on his groin.

Are there any rewards for this levelling coin? Or is tf2 just mimicking Overwatch now? (I am not referring to comp since a levelled badge makes sense there but pubs/casual play should not need this function)

Edit: Just played my first casual. Got stuck in watergate. A game mode that I hate and have always hated. Cant seem to be able to opt out of that map.

Also was playing for about 15 minutes and nobody had scored any points but had all been in the beam for a while? Might be broken.

Left in the end but now because of that I lose matchmaking because I abandoned a game. Well sorry valve but not everybody is going to enjoy EVERY MAP.

Now the connection to the TF2 game coordinator is gone. FFS valve you stupid sacks of sh*t you utter c*cks. F*ck you and your f*cking update you pricks

Dark Falkirk being made all class is a pile of stupidity not just on a trading side (because these all class updates are getting f*cking annoying) but because it made no sense to be all class.

The Scout got the Heralds Helm which looks a little similar but the Falkirk is for demoknight.

Why not make all hats all class. Seems no point not to anymore. (Dapper looks equally as crap)

Time for more "This is now all class I want 1000 keys"

R.I.P Soda Popper. With the lowest health in game the scout will have a tough time with those 2 shots per clip to build enough hype to actually bounce behind and flank the enemy. Basically removed the tactical side of the popper.

Powerjack, Natascha and Degreaser already had strange quality so why were they included in the new crate? Tide turner? Eureka effect? What happened to them?

Unlocked crates just made the choice of whether to use keys or save them up a lot easier. Now they will likely crash since part of their function has become obselete and the new crates will become valued at a key.

One good thing is the engi finally getting a hitbox on his groin.

Are there any rewards for this levelling coin? Or is tf2 just mimicking Overwatch now? (I am not referring to comp since a levelled badge makes sense there but pubs/casual play should not need this function)

every all class hat can be unusual 

Where does it say that? Pretty sure only certain hats will be of unusual quality

Look at the point and shoot and the available qualities.

I really miss the convenience of being able to drop into a Valve pub in the middle of a match and leave whenever I see fit it was the lack of time sensitive games and the somewhat casual nature of pubs that drew me into tf2 in the first place and kept me involved in it for the past 3 years. Whereas now I have to wait 10+ minutes to get into a game which I need to see 'till it's end lest I suffer abandonment penalties.

But of all the things I could and would like to complain about, this takes the cake.

149f73c5a6de0d79ec66ab26e0ba6583.png

What the heck is this? It just looks goofy.

I really miss the convenience of being able to drop into a Valve pub in the middle of a match and leave whenever I see fit it was the lack of time sensitive games and the somewhat casual nature of pubs that drew me into tf2 in the first place and kept me involved in it for the past 3 years. Whereas now I have to wait 10+ minutes to get into a game which I need to see 'till it's end lest I suffer abandonment penalties.

But of all the things I could and would like to complain about, this takes the cake.

149f73c5a6de0d79ec66ab26e0ba6583.png

What the heck is this? It just looks goofy.

i actually like the design and tf2 is supposed to be goofy just that

this one looks like a onahole