I don't understand.

Dr. Bob

I was interested in this guy's Phosphorous Armored Authority (clean) with a range of 44-50 keys. I offered a ks australium scattergun (36k) + 16k pure = ~52 pure. Here's how it went down.

Dr. Bob: KS Aussie Scattergun + 16 keys
Dr. Bob: That's full price
(censored)is now Online.
(censored): for what
(censored): i forgot
Dr. Bob: Phos. AA
(censored): i thought i was clear when i said i have been selling it for 55 keys no matter what of its bp.tf price
Dr. Bob: I understand you are selling at 55
Dr. Bob: but there is no evidence to back that price
Dr. Bob: There's no sales, and it hasn't gone all-class or anything else that would affect it's price
(censored): ok
(censored): that is enough
(censored): i have to remove you cause you dont understand
Dr. Bob: Lol
(censored): i am not selling it
(censored): not to you
(censored): even if you pay 100000 keys
(censored): nope
(censored): i wont sell it
Dr. Bob: So you're removing me because you're a highballer who doesn't like getting a decent offer
(censored): i am just not selling for 47 keys
(censored): that is the thing you dont understand
(censored) is now Offline. (Here is where he blocked and removed me.

I don't understand this. Was he right? Is the Phos. AA worth like 55 pure and did I "lowball" him or was he highballing it? It is an outdated price, but I just don't understand.

he's selling for more than bp price suggests, it's only a few more than what you're offering but i guess he's just stubborn.

imo that was a really good deal you gave him, he probably won't sell for pure at this rate. 

• Like 1

As a seller, he has the freedom to 1. accept any offers that he is happy with and 2. list and sell his unusual at whatever price he wants, knowing that the higher the price, the longer it will take to find a buyer at that price.

(censored): i am not selling it

(censored): not to you
(censored): even if you pay 100000 keys
(censored): nope
(censored): i wont sell it

This part of conversation just shows that he doesn't want to sell it to you. Maybe because of your 'ignorance' (from his perspective) or because of your attitude or how you talked to him. Although you haven't done the trade, of course, do know that he still has to sell (and is stuck with) that unusual and you've still got your pure and australium scattergun.
  • Like 2

Just drop it, that guy wants to sell at his personal price.

Not everyone is a trader who would rather have the pure than the unusual, he probably just has it up but likes the hat.

This point is meant for attention?

Honestly you'll have an easier time selling your scattergun for pure than he will for selling that unusual for pure, let alone at the price he is asking for. The problem with your conversation is you need to remember you're offering on someone else's item, it really doesn't matter what you think, their mind will be made up either way regardless. Trying to argue with him just makes you look childish and him look like an asshole. 

Just drop it, that guy wants to sell at his personal price.

Not everyone is a trader who would rather have the pure than the unusual, he probably just has it up but likes the hat.

This point is meant for attention?

Not for attention, I just wanted to know if I let go a good deal or not here. From the responses I got, I see I didn't.