Why I think my outpost ban was wrongful

ToaRex

Now, before we start I want to say that I AM NOT TREATING THIS LIKE AN APPEAL NOR AM I CALLING OUT OUTPOST OR THEIR STAFF, I MEAN NO HATRED TO OUTPOST OR THEIR STAFF. I JUST NEED TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN. I AM JUST STATING THAT I, PERSONALLY, THINK THAT MY OUTPOST BAN WAS AND STILL IS WRONGFUL

Okay, I'm going to split this thread into parts so that it's easier to read and everything.

Part 1 How I met Jack

As some of you may know, Jack is an ex-broker who scammed some items away to fuel his gambling addiction but since then he has returned EVERYONE - even the people he scammed - their items or items of similar value. I met Jack because I made my thread on this forum to advertise that I was joining the brokering business, but after a while I noticed I wasn't really explaining what brokering was all that well, so I decided to read some other's brokering threads to see how they were doing it and I saw a few people quoting Jack's explanation, which is what I exactly needed for my thread. I liked how it got the point across yet sounded professional at the same time so I decided to add Jack and ask if I could do the same if I gave him credit which I did end up doing.

Part 2 Why I got banned

So after a while of talking to Jack and getting to know him because I just never bothered to remove him after I asked to copy and paste his explanation of what brokering was, I was sitting at my desk one day when I got a message from one of my clients said that he was scammed by Jack, which I was a bit skeptical at first but after I saw the proof I couldn't deny that a fellow broker threw his reputation and business down the drain. I was kind of shocked and pissed off, honestly a guy I come to know kinda well just scammed one of my own clients out of unusuals and my client wasn't the only one. So I decided "hey I should probably warn his other clients just in case" which I then did. I added his clients and told them what Jack had done and ask if they could try and get their items back before the same happens to them. After a few hours of talking and everything, Jack did eventually return all of the remaining items back to his clients then after a while payed back who he scammed, but during this time his clients were there with their unusuals they wanted a broker to sell. So some of them came to me for help but this is where the fun begins 'cause I didn't realize but in the short span of Jack trading his client's items back then his clients coming to me for help, the item histories did not update correctly (which happens quite frequently, if you are an unusual suggestor you are probably familiar with this). So it looked like JACK was trading me the items (while in fact he wasn't) which made it look like I was brokering for Jack not the clients. This got me banned on outpost as well as backpack.tf classifieds but I got unbanned very quickly on bp after I submitted an appeal with full proofs.

Part 3 Why my appeal was declined on outpost

So as any normal sane person would do, I put a ban appeal on outpost because I know and have proofs that my ban was completely wrongful and after waiting a few days with no response, my patience ran thin because literally, bp.tf unbanned me in 5 mins I didn't know why it was taking outpost that long to do the same. So I got on an alt for about 5 minutes to check what items, where the items that the histories didn't update for because I was clueless at the time but I was caught doing that and my appeal was closed, my wrongful ban became permanent because of ban evasion.

Part 4  Why I think my ban was wrongful

TL;DR: I was NOT brokering for Jack and my clients can all prove that Jack traded the items back to them, then they came to me. While yes, as I mentioned above, I did evade my ban for a small total of 5 minutes, it was an honest mistake from my side and I'm sorry for that, but the ban shouldn't have even been there in the first place so my appeal shouldn't have been closed for it. and I was told that I won't be able to appeal again until 6 months passed, since my first appeal is denied despite the fact that I have all the proofs.

Part 5 Proof

So below here I will list all of the proofs that proves I am 100% innocent and the ban shouldn't have been added to my account. Keep in mind I am still not treating this like an appeal I am just leave the proofs here for anyone that is curious

My History: http://i.imgur.com/a4wXaVG.png

Jack's History: http://i.imgur.com/7mJQPmP.png

There is literally no use to sulk about your ban on Bp.tf forums. If you want to revoke your ban, file an appeal on outpost.

• Like 2

There is literally no use to sulk about your ban on Bp.tf forums. If you want to revoke your ban, file an appeal on outpost.

I have already done that, well over 2 months ago, if you would have read you would've noticed that I am not treating this like an appeal or that I can't appeal yet

Outpost is kind of a shit-show from what I've seen lately. Looks like you got screwed.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Why were you on OP using an alt? You should be able to see item histories, etc. when you're not signed into an account at all.

2. "if you can please leave a sexual comment before adding me"

And I can see that maybe you feel the need to vent, so I won't tell you that posting here won't help o shit I just did

Outpost is kind of a shit-show from what I've seen lately. Looks like you got screwed.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Why were you on OP using an alt? You should be able to see item histories, etc. when you're not signed into an account at all.

2. "if you can please leave a sexual comment before adding me"

And I can see that maybe you feel the need to vent, so I won't tell you that posting here won't help o shit I just did

1 I wasn't able too 2 that was just something I did for fun I didn't actually mean it

Treating something like an appeal and then saying you aren't doesn't change the fact that you're treating this like an appeal.

Treating something like an appeal and then saying you aren't doesn't change the fact that you're treating this like an appeal.

but I'm not treating it like an appeal I could care less if anyone from outpost sees this I just needed to point out that the ban was wrongful

You claim in the OP that you waited a few days before making the alt to log into outpost, but judging by the date this trade was closed and the join date of the alt on steam, you created the alt on the day of the ban. Outpost ban appeals take time, but the mods are far faster than they were in 2014 or even part of 2015. Had you some patience you would probably have had a response within a week, but outpost takes alts very seriously. 

Personally I think creating an alt shows disrespect for the outpost rules. As a person who was once permabanned from outpost, and evaded their ban, I don't recall having any respect for the mods at the time of my permaban either. 

Rather than using the backpack.tf forums as a soapbox in a possible attempt to call attention to your ban and gain community favor, you should focus on improving your reputation. Outpost does grant reappeals to people who have evaded bans, but not to just anyone. If you focus on being an actively helpful member in the community for a few months or half a year, outpost may be willing to grant you a reappeal. 

• Like 2

You claim in the OP that you waited a few days before making the alt to log into outpost, but judging by the date this trade was closed and the join date of the alt on steam, you created the alt on the day of the ban. Outpost ban appeals take time, but the mods are far faster than they were in 2014 or even part of 2015. Had you some patience you would probably have had a response within a week, but outpost takes alts very seriously. 

Personally I think creating an alt shows disrespect for the outpost rules. As a person who was once permabanned from outpost, and evaded their ban, I don't recall having any respect for the mods at the time of my permaban either. 

Rather than using the backpack.tf forums as a soapbox in a possible attempt to call attention to your ban and gain community favor, you should focus on improving your reputation. Outpost does grant reappeals to people who have evaded bans, but not to just anyone. If you focus on being an actively helpful member in the community for a few months or half a year, outpost may be willing to grant you a reappeal. 

1 I actually didn't make that alt just for the outpost evading I was going to use it for other trading purposes before I noticed my ban in no way did I mean to use it for that purpose before my patience ran out while yes I do regret that I attempted to evade the ban my point still stands that my ban shouldn't have been there in the first place

EDIT: Steamrep is actually wrong on the join date 'cause if you take a look at the badges of my alt you notice that the badge was awarded a day BEFORE steamrep it says it joined

It is not the first time someone comes in the bp.tf forums and highlights how some outpost's mods have a weird vision of justice.

I feel sorry for you. A ban evasion takes place when the ban was rightful in the first place: failure to acknowledge that and not giving the chance to the person to explain themselves sure as hell shows lack of professionalism and lack of an actual sense of fairness. In all tf2 related websites, I see more mods who are terrible at being fair than those who are not.

And no, I am not referring to my personal ban I had got the past weeks, I deserved that one. But other experiences I have had, or seen other traders have such as here, do not make me want to trust all the mods out there.

TL;DR: Jack was caught for thieving and Toarex was suspected to be an accomplice and was imprison. Toarex provided to bp.tf officers his alibi which was approved and proven and his sentences was reduced, but not removed due to OP police. But during the time OP police investigating the case, Toarex made an escape from prison and was caught back. OP police then decided they need not look at the proofs and his alibi, his sentences became permanent and Toarex was to stay in prison 5ever.

Next in the news: 20 years later, someone review the case and actually look at the proofs. OP police have to release Toarex along with apology and compensation of unfairly treatment. But that's in the future.

(This is a joke please don't take it too seriously it's just that there's a case like this happened IRL in my country)

Sirploko here, I am on an alt account because I left my phone at my sister's house and can't log in to my main without the auth. I was pointed to this thread by a friend and after having looked over everything, I will reduce your ban to 1 week, starting from now.

Your original ban should have been overturned, because the histories of the items made me assume something that was untrue. Unfortunately you evaded this ban, which is something you should never do, especially if you are innocent and it is only a matter of days before it is cleared up.

I do believe however, that you are owed some leniency, because I issued that ban unjustly and because some time has passed now for you to reflect on the evasion. I apologize for making the wrong assumption in the first place, we have some tools to assist us in our investigation and they returned a false positive, due to the short time period during which the items were traded.

Please note, that mistakes happen, despite our best efforts to avoid them. If someone gets banned wrongly, I urge them to file an appeal and wait. Our backlog went from over 10.000 tickets to basically zero over the last year and we will see to your tickets and appeals in a timely manner.

Ban evasion however, is considered a serious offense which will get you banned for a long time, if not forever (depends on the seriousness of the original charge and the persistence with which someone keeps evading). You don't need to log in to Outpost to see your profile page (and to click on the links in the ban reason), just log out of Outpost if you are banned and click on the TF2Outpost button in your bp.tf profile (if you don't have a link to your Outpost profile saved that is).

Sirploko here, I am on an alt account because I left my phone at my sister's house and can't log in to my main without the auth. I was pointed to this thread by a friend and after having looked over everything, I will reduce your ban to 1 week, starting from now.

Your original ban should have been overturned, because the histories of the items made me assume something that was untrue. Unfortunately you evaded this ban, which is something you should never do, especially if you are innocent and it is only a matter of days before it is cleared up.

I do believe however, that you are owed some leniency, because I issued that ban unjustly and because some time has passed now for you to reflect on the evasion. I apologize for making the wrong assumption in the first place, we have some tools to assist us in our investigation and they returned a false positive, due to the short time period during which the items were traded.

Please note, that mistakes happen, despite our best efforts to avoid them. If someone gets banned wrongly, I urge them to file an appeal and wait. Our backlog went from over 10.000 tickets to basically zero over the last year and we will see to your tickets and appeals in a timely manner.

Ban evasion however, is considered a serious offense which will get you banned for a long time, if not forever (depends on the seriousness of the original charge and the persistence with which someone keeps evading). You don't need to log in to Outpost to see your profile page (and to click on the links in the ban reason), just log out of Outpost if you are banned and click on the TF2Outpost button in your bp.tf profile (if you don't have a link to your Outpost profile saved that is).

Thank you sir, as I say I regret evading my ban and I will never do it again