Market Keys

Python.

I don't understand their flux.

They were selling steadily at ~$2.40, and now they're on the market for ~2.05 - for now anyway.

Yesterday they were for $2.15. I was buying them for this price. Then, as I was buying them, I saw there were none left for ~$2.15, and they started raising to $2.20, $2.30 then all the way back up to $2.40 in a matter of minutes. I'm not sure how long that lasted, but it's weird to say the least. My assumption is that because of the Steam Autumn sale, people want to get funds quickly, and are therefore quickly selling their keys so they can afford the games on sale. If it's not that, I can't really think of any other explanation...What do you think?

Oh shyt. it is 2.02$ as of right now! nooo! my net worth on TF2!!!

Actually, this happen every time there is a big sale on steam.

Everyone try to cash out to get steam credit to spend on sale.

However, it is possible that steam is also selling key very cheap in different region with different currency.

Anyway, price will restore when the sale is over.

However, it never cease to amaze me that people don't know they can buy game on Outpost instead for about the same price in keys.

Not to mention, once a game been on sale. The reduced price linger for a very long time on outpost. 

(I tried to buy game on sale and resale on outpost on the hope price will go up, but it almost never do. Now I just buy game from outpost, which is like a permanent steam sale)

This or it may be that people are selling to get steam money in order to buy mvm tickets.

Reasonable point but Steam takes a 15% cut so I think for most people, 2 TOD tickets for a key is still a better deal, I find it hard to believe so many people are unaware you can buy TOD tickets 2 for a key

EDIT: Also this is depressing for me since I can't sell any keys until they go back up :(

Reasonable point but Steam takes a 15% cut so I think for most people, 2 TOD tickets for a key is still a better deal, I find it hard to believe so many people are unaware you can buy TOD tickets 2 for a key

EDIT: Also this is depressing for me since I can't sell any keys until they go back up :(

Csb is more likely right but its also possible that strangifiers play a roll. You should be buying keys then at this price.

I bought tickets for $.99

sold them for 3 ref

then bought keys for 6.44 each

I ended up paying about 2.15 each so this is not surprising

Archived