Overflowing classifieds with the same item

Icarus

People who list many many items for the same price, bumping everybody else down.

It's been complained about before, but still my 2ct.

It clogs up the classifieds, especially when the seller isn't even online to accept trades.

Example:

z8xcPh4.png

8 listing by the same user who hasn't been online in hours.

This bumps active sellers to the next page (hurting active sellers), while the inactive seller is on the first page (hurting buyers).

Listing for a lower price is no solution, since there are always (inactive) people willing to sell for lower which repeats the problem.

I realise backpack automatic requires you to have a listing for every single item you want to sell with automatic, even if it's identical.

Solution:

* You can still make and list multiple (identical) items to appease the bp automatics bot.

* multiple listings for the same price by the same user get grouped. (this way a listing for a more expensive low-craft gets split from the rest)

Active sellers to get bumped to the first available page where the the last time they've bumped / listed the listing is less than that of the unbumped users. The listings are organised in price ascending and from there, time from last bump ascending.

E.g

Fed Fightin' Fedora Classifieds:

1.44 refined | Bumped 4 minutes ago

1.44 refined | Listed 6 hours ago

1.55 refined | Listed 10 hours ago

A listing at 1.55 refined would put you third in the listings, being in front of the other listing for 1.55 refined.

A listing at 1.44 refined would put you straight at the top, being listed 0 minutes ago, going in front of every listing, whilst the inactive ones pile in the back.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Anyways, seems like a neat idea, however, there will be some problems such as craft numbers where people believe they're getting a craft hat with that craft number (e.g #5252), but it's not the same exact hat. On the other hand, would be great if it will free up some classifieds slots for bulk sellers of an item.

• Like 2

Active sellers to get bumped to the first available page where the the last time they've bumped / listed the listing is less than that of the unbumped users. The listings are organised in price ascending and from there, time from last bump ascending.

E.g

Fed Fightin' Fedora Classifieds:

1.44 refined | Bumped 4 minutes ago

1.44 refined | Listed 6 hours ago

1.55 refined | Listed 10 hours ago

A listing at 1.55 refined would put you third in the listings, being in front of the other listing for 1.55 refined.

A listing at 1.44 refined would put you straight at the top, being listed 0 minutes ago, going in front of every listing, whilst the inactive ones pile in the back.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Anyways, seems like a neat idea, however, there will be some problems such as craft numbers where people believe they're getting a craft hat with that craft number (e.g #5252), but it's not the same exact hat. On the other hand, would be great if it will free up some classifieds slots for bulk sellers of an item.

Thank you for your response.

I am aware how the classifieds work, but thanks for clarifying anyway. :)

Would this be difficult to implement?

I was going to make a new thread but since this is up I'll put my 2 cents here.

How about instead of 10 different listing of the same item at same price, combine it into 1 stack? So it will show [item name] x10 - 1.44 => 10 items, 1.44 each. And everytime someone buy the x10 goes down and when nothing left it disappears? It will shorten down the listing a lot. It's just like trade.tf with their buying list

LmiFQNK.png?1

How about instead of 10 different listing of the same item at same price, combine it into 1 stack? So it will show [item name] x10 - 1.44 => 10 items, 1.44 each. And everytime someone buy the x10 goes down and when nothing left it disappears? It will shorten down the listing a lot. It's just like trade.tf with their buying list

LmiFQNK.png?1

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................................................

like trade.tf?

hue hue

• Like 1

LmiFQNK.png?1

Yup, that's basically what I'm proposing.