Cutting the Queue

Python.

We've all seen it, that guy who puts an item at 1.99 ref instead of 2, or at 6.99 keys instead of 7, then asks for the regular price of the item because he says "I wanted to be in the front so people would see my ad before anyone else". Or they put it up for 6.99 keys instead of 7 and says "1 scrap off! Add me for this amazing quicksell before it's gone!"

I have encountered such people, and I frankly hate this idea. Luckily, if mods/admins catch this, they usually ban the person accused of doing this - for example. If you see anyone doing this, PLEASE tell a mod/admin. You could even post a Classified manipulator here, and I'm sure a mod will see to it that he is banned or warned

What can we do to stop this? 

I suggest that people cannot post an ad on the classifieds for "-.99 keys/ref" or any stupid number like that. If they're posting an item for that, then it's obvious they're trying to skip in front of everyone else

You can also tell an admin about someone who is trying to "Cut the Queue" and they will have to do something about it hopefully

Is this even in the rules? if it isn't, it should be

Lol. Queue is a weird word...

What does it matter ._.

Or they put it up for 6.99 keys instead of 7 and says "1 scrap off! Add me for this amazing quicksell before it's gone!"

-- Lol who cares

We've all seen it, that guy who puts an item at 1.99 ref instead of 2, or at 6.99 keys instead of 7, then asks for the regular price of the item because he says "I wanted to be in the front so people would see my ad before anyone else".

-- Smart people assume that 1.99 = 2 ref

What does it matter ._.

It's stupid, and some people may think the guy is actually giving a discount, even though he's just trying to cut in line. People should list at the price they're selling at. And if it didn't matter, I don't think polar bear would've banned that guy...

We've all seen it, that guy who puts an item at 1.99 ref instead of 2, or at 6.99 keys instead of 7, then asks for the regular price of the item because he says "I wanted to be in the front so people would see my ad before anyone else". Or they put it up for 6.99 keys instead of 7 and says "1 scrap off! Add me for this amazing quicksell before it's gone!"

Well, if they're actually selling it for less. If they are genuinely selling it for 6.99 keys instead of 7 keys, then theres technically nothing wrong--although it is a dick move. If they're listing t at 6.99 keys but selling it for 7, then it should be closed and that person should be dealt with. But there is a difference between the two. 

Sure, baloo is reporting them for a while now, feel free to join in. :P

Every classified listing that is 6.99 keys (1.32 ref etc) or something like that should be reported, unless he really gives a scrap back (he needs to say that in the notes, if he is not, report) or it's just a weird key fractional.

As always, better report too much than too less.^^

.99 = 1

.99 Keys = 6.27 Ref (i.e. 1 weapon short of a key). 

So .99 Keys is valid if the person is offering a weapon in return. 

This does raise in issue. .99 Keys is technically less than 1 key, and if the person is offering that difference in return than it is valid, and should NOT be closed. But at some point it should (i.e. if the difference is 1 crate). So, where do you draw the line? Which do you close and which are left alone? 

Well, a solution might be to put a percent difference into the equation. I.e. Backpack.tf sorts the items from cheapest to most expensive. So, to deter people from asking for .99 keys (by asking for 1 weapon), add a percent difference to the sorting algorithm. I.e. .99 keys and 1 key would be treated as equal and would therefore be mixed together.

.99 = 1

Listing something for .99 ref instead of 1 ref on the Classifieds is deemed a highly despised act and is considered a bannable offense. That is, if you're selling for 1 ref, yet want to cut the other Classified listings by listing it for .01 ref less, which is insignificant.

Selling something at 1 ref? Don't be a smartass and list at .99 ref, list as 1 ref, and so on, unless you are giving a real discount.

Question: I saw someone post 0.33, then in notes say +0.33 for part.

I think it's similar to the .99=1, should it be reported too?

yes. Since he's not selling it for what he's listing it for. 

Every classified listing that is 6.99 keys (1.32 ref etc) or something like that should be reported, unless he really gives a scrap back (he needs to say that in the notes, if he is not, report) or it's just a weird key fractional.

2POzDOD.png?1

Oh god...Please ban/warn?

Where are my credits? I've been doing this for months yet you only mention baloo

Archived