Regarding Unusual Skin Pricing?

HermanoWayne

Wouldn't it be smarter to have a quad skin price for unusual skins, IE... if somebody voted on a FN Unusual skin to be 5 keys, the rest of the conditions would be fixed on that price...

For example, If I voted for a Unusual skin FN to be 5, MW would be 4, and so on... or go by a percentage? Because having multiple voted for condition on the same unusual skin would be too much to deal with for voters and moderators in general? just pondering some stuff..

The problem is that there isn't a set formula for how much to take off or add to a given skin's price to account for different wear levels. Some rarer skins, for example, have relatively reasonable prices, with the exception of their FN version, which will cost an arm and a leg, especially compared to some of the more common skins, who may have all five grades within a few cents of each other. Unusual skins are the same way.

For example, take a look at the standard blitzkrieg vs wildwood SMGs. Two grades apart, but that's only because the warbird collection's lowest grade is mercenary instead of civilian.

Most variants of the wildwood are sitting at around $0.10-0.12 each. With the exception of FN, which will cost you around $1.10 to get. Around 10x the price of all the others.

On the other hand, most blitzkrieg SMG's are around $0.20 each, and the FN version is around $0.30. Barely 1.5x the normal price.

I can totally see where you're coming from, don't get me wrong. It's just not really a viable idea.

You could also provide a ratio vote, for example people can vote on the ratio of value of the conditions IE one unusual skin could be at a ratio of 1.00/.75/.50/.25/.10, and another skin could have a different ratio, so voters could vote on both the value of a FN skin along with the ratio of worth related to conditions... 

You could also provide a ratio vote, for example people can vote on the ratio of value of the conditions IE one unusual skin could be at a ratio of 1.00/.75/.50/.25/.10, and another skin could have a different ratio, so voters could vote on both the value of a FN skin along with the ratio of worth related to conditions... 

At that point though it would be more attempting to force an idea into action then actually being useful. We'd now have a confusing new vote system, instead of just simply 4 suggestions.

If anything should change, its that we should get a seperate "spreadsheet" for unusual weapons from unusual items, simply because each unusual weapon has up to 16 different variations of it and the way that would normally be displayed would be really weird. I propose something like this

Blitzkrieg SMG

[Picture of effect] -  [FN]  [MW]  [FT]  [WW]  [bS]

etc.

I think it would keep things a lot neater.

Honestly, at that point you may as well just have separate suggestions for each type of unusual weapon. It would make life easier for everyone and be less confusing for new players.

i don't think it would be that hard to have 2 votes on the same item, one for value of top quality, and the 2nd for ratio of value to other conditions... and regardless new players typically tend to stray away from skins, leaving it to more experienced traders, and I don't think it would be in any way or shape confusing for experienced traders. But thats just my 2 cents on it.

Archived