TIL Energy Orb is Limited to Gun Mettle Unusual Weapons

Jon of Nachos

With the arrival of unusual weapon pricing on Backpack.tf I thought that I might let everyone know that Energy Orb weapons can only be obtained from either the Concealed Killer cases or the Powerhouse cases.

This is an important thing to note, as it means that unlike the other 3 effects (cool, hot and isotope) Energy Orb weapons can only be unboxed from 2 out of the 4 weapon cases. This may have an impact on the value of Energy Orb unusuals as compared to the other unusual effects.

From what I gather Energy Orb was taken out of the list possible unusual effects since Energy Orb doesn't work with melee weapons and because the Tough Break cases have melee skins (Wrench and Knife) the Energy Orb effect has been left out of the Tough Break cases.

Feel free to check the classifieds for yourself to see that all the weapons listed are from the Gun Mettle update

http://backpack.tf/classifieds?particle=704

If anyone can find any Tough Break unusual weapons that can disapprove this, please feel free to comment.

its been known for quite some time. the energyorb effect is quite broken as sometimes the effect will detatch from the weapon and appear as a bright ball in your face. you can swap weapons to remove it but it happens pretty frequently. Whilst i can understand what you mean by the melee skins, they kept isotope in. which is a smaller version of energy orb in essence. Will we see energy orb in the next cases? who knows. we only have 3(4) unusual weapon effects at the moment, maybe in the next case we get them back and maybe 2 or 3 more added

at the moment i havent exactly seen a hype demand for energy orb skins as they can still be obtained fairly easily from the original 2 cases (which are cheaper to purchase than the 2 new ones we currently have) it just makes it so we cant have the effect on the newer (and IMO nicer skins)

its been known for quite some time. the energyorb effect is quite broken as sometimes the effect will detatch from the weapon and appear as a bright ball in your face. you can swap weapons to remove it but it happens pretty frequently.

This is true but isn't exclusive to Energy Orb. All the unusual effects for weapons in my experience can glitch and appear in your face- Energy Orb is a swirling ball, Isotope is a Lime hell, Cool is a slightly-transparent fog that is kind of neat to see, and Hot is about as boring a glitch as the effect itself

unless they re-add EO back into the next set/or add new effects this might (take it with a spoon full of salt) make EO abit rarer and certain skins more valuable... Interesting (and being the second if not the best looking effect to boot)

Archived