Strange Top Shelf Weapons

The Stuggle

How much would it cost to make one and how much would you guys pay for one? there is I think only 3 top shelf knives in existence the last time I went looking, along with only like 3 revolvers. I know of 2 knives for a fact. So what do you guys think? 

For a Strange Factory New Top Shelf skin, it would cost approximately ~$2300-2400

FN civilian grade skins from the Gentlemanne collection: ~$1.40/50

Stat clocks: ~$.90

So that times 10 = $23-24 for a single freelance grade, so $230-240 for 10 freelance, and finally $2300-2400 for 10 mercenary which then would put you at a strange FN top shelf weapon.

Not worth it by any extent if you ask me.

FN civilian grade skins from the Gentlemanne collection: ~$1.40/50

Stat clocks: ~$.90

So that times 10 = $23-24 for a single freelance grade

This is a common mistake people make. You don't need 10 FN for a FN Freelance.

When you tradeup the wear of the resulting skin is an average of the skins you used.

Therefore you could use 8 FN and 2 MW (or even maybe 6 FN and 4 MW) to trade up to Freelance.

And when trading up to Mercenary some of those Freelances can be MW instead which means when trading up for those Freelances you can forgo FNs altogether.

Using a ratio of 8 FN to 2 MW you can reduce the number of Civilian FNs from 100 to 64. Using a ratio of 6 FN to 4 MW you can reduce the number from 100 to 36.

This is a common mistake people make. You don't need 10 FN for a FN Freelance.

When you tradeup the wear of the resulting skin is an average of the skins you used.

Therefore you could use 8 FN and 2 MW (or even maybe 6 FN and 4 MW) to trade up to Freelance.

And when trading up to Mercenary some of those Freelances can be MW instead which means when trading up for those Freelances you can forgo FNs altogether.

Using a ratio of 8 FN to 2 MW you can reduce the number of Civilian FNs from 100 to 64. Using a ratio of 6 FN to 4 MW you can reduce the number from 100 to 36.

Oh, I hadn't realized that. Well, for the 8:2 ratio it would be $2136, and for 6:4 it would be $1812

still not worth it lol

Okay so how much should a Minimal Wear Top Shelf Knife cost to make then? Assuming you get the chances of getting it in the tradeup. 

Okay so how much should a Minimal Wear Top Shelf Knife cost to make then? Assuming you get the chances of getting it in the tradeup. 

Assuming you can get each MW skin for like $.18, $1080. Even less if you choose to combine mw skins with ft skins, but I'm not about to calculate that.

Archived