Which unusuals should be avoided?

Haruhi Suzumiya

Not because they look bad or are from recent tiers but because they are bugged and Valve won't fix them.

I've owned a harvest moon hat, secret to everybody hat and morning glory hat and all of them kept getting errors after taunting where the sun or moon would fly away from my head and not come back unless I spent minutes messing around with the adjustment sliders. I heard someone else say aces high can also dissappear sometimes too.

Are there any other effects to avoid wasting money on?

orbiting fire likes to wander off alot, I believe the most reliable way to make it disappear is to simply taunt

orbiting fire likes to wander off alot, I believe the most reliable way to make it disappear is to simply taunt

Yeah orbiting f. is buggy too

I didnt know Harvest Moon and Its a Secret to Everybody were bugged too. 

Even tho i love Morning Glory and Death at Dusk, they are glitched when i do some taunts (cooperative taunts overall), but they get fixed as soon as i do another single taunt (usually default ones). 

As some people stated, orbiting effects like Molten Mallard are the most glitched ones around.

Moon/Sun effects are very glitchy when you adjust them. (Untick adjust effect to fix)

Same thing with orbiting effects. (C.heart seems fine, dunno about logo)

On some hats, RA/AF is upside-down. No way to fix that.

I saw a Burning effect that was bugged into somebody's torso on a trade server recently. 

Mallard can have similar issues as O Fire. 

When I first got my SBTWC Bear that was bugged but has been working fine since Tough Break

I have seen a lot of bug comments regarding the Rotation Sensation too. A few of its effects end up in the character or behind them

Pretty much all circling effects are bugged. Its not a big deal, leaving the adjustment on default usually keeps it in check. If not then taunting usually fixes it too.

I wouldnt say its so badd that you have to stay away from them but it is a bit annoying but at the same time kinda funny watching these circling effects have a huge radius and you can see ducks or cards randomly fly past you.

Wow I wasn't expecting so many replies so fast. That's certainly a lot of effects which seem a bit dodgy - anything orbiting or moon based in particular like people above have said.

If you're having problems with effects wandering off or looking buggy try out noltrons "an unusual mod" it makes all of the effects more full and gorgeous. Some still wander off like the bat effects but it's not too much of a problem. All moon effects look larger and better and don't split up. Only real problem is the new halloween and invasion effects don't show up all the time and they're not updated to look better yet. But taunt effects, new effects, and unusual weapon effects will come when noltron has the time.

If you're having problems with effects wandering off or looking buggy try out noltrons "an unusual mod" it makes all of the effects more full and gorgeous. Some still wander off like the bat effects but it's not too much of a problem. All moon effects look larger and better and don't split up. Only real problem is the new halloween and invasion effects don't show up all the time and they're not updated to look better yet. But taunt effects, new effects, and unusual weapon effects will come when noltron has the time.

Link to the mod?

Just nag Valve, they fix it so you can stop nagging Valve, you can do it weekly until you sure they aren't noticing you then just start sending mails daily until eventually you start sending mails per hour or per minute, sounds extreme but when a bug is in the game for like 2 years they should know better, its funny how some unusuals can still be bugged, hopefully not in the same way as my dapper circling heart was bugged 2-3 years ago, it was orbiting my armpit instead of my hat.

I don't think they ignore me now anymore, i mean if made countless of suggestions for misc and they mostly all wen't thru except a few.

All Orbiting and weather with moon/sun are bugged as far as I know. Bats also bugged.

Not accurate.  Circling Peace, TF Logo, Hearts and Ghosts are fine.  I've never seen them glitch like for example halloween bats that tend to orbit 30 feet away from your character model.  The only glitch that occurs with the old orbiting effects is that they sometimes orbit around the torso.  This is extremely rare and affects virtually every effect in the game.  But agreed on the others, virtually every other orbiting effect other than the 1st gens are often bugged.  

Not accurate.  Circling Peace, TF Logo, Hearts and Ghosts are fine.  I've never seen them glitch like for example halloween bats that tend to orbit 30 feet away from your character model.  The only glitch that occurs with the old orbiting effects is that they sometimes orbit around the torso.  This is extremely rare and affects virtually every effect in the game.  But agreed on the others, virtually every other orbiting effect other than the 1st gens are often bugged.  

Nope, I own Logo rack and Heart Law, effect will be glitched when I mess with the effect adjustment, but leaving the adjustment on default usually keeps it in check.

Nope, I own Logo rack and Heart Law, effect will be glitched when I mess with the effect adjustment, but leaving the adjustment on default usually keeps it in check.

That's the first I've ever heard of this and I've owned a ton of these effects, to the extent where at one point I had a legit peace sign collection.  Oh well, maybe I just got lucky throughout the years.

My friend owned an Electrostatic Human Cannonball for some time and the electrostatic effect would orbit around his head with an extremely large diameter, at least 10x larger than it should be. Was quite funny as it gave him away during games because it passed through walls too.

Archived