Question

BenWR  The Ender

Thanks. The question is: Are backpack.tf perma bans IP bans. I reported a scammer who got banned today, but I want to ensure that he can't make an alt and be ok.

Even with an IP ban you can still make alts.

Thanks. The question is: Are backpack.tf perma bans IP bans. I reported a scammer who got banned today, but I want to ensure that he can't make an alt and be ok.

Even with an IP ban, it's super easy to just turn on a VPN and evade it, so it's not really necessary. If the scammer got a big hit (Like got banned with a decent amount of $$$), he may be discouraged to start scamming again.

Scammers will find any number of ways to evade their bans. It's quite easy to spoof an IP, almost anyone can do it. We ban scammer alts when we see them. Once a scammer has been marked, it's unlikely that he will ever get his items to a safe account, unless he starts out with nothing and appears to trade up somehow. Rest easy knowing that the scammer you reported is most likely not going to come back and trade normally undetected.

Archived