Minigun comparisons?

cat food xxl

What are the pros and cons of the various miniguns? And also, what do you prefer and why?

Personally I'm split between the Tomislav and the Brass Beast, which are almost opposites when juxtaposed xD.

Google is your friend.

Personally, I like stock because I like having the extra damage per bullet and the ability to walk.

It all depends on your playstyle honestly. Here's the kind of playstyles I use:

Minigun: Good mobility and DPS, no real drawbacks. All-around minigun that's flexible for almost any situation that the heavy excels at.

Brass Beast: Works well when you're playing defensively, but not so much if you're playing offensively. The damage resistance and extra damage are nice, but the low walking speed and spin-up make it bad for playing aggresively. I love using this on MvM mostly.

Natascha: Was pretty niche at first(and it still kinda is), but if you love damage resistance this is a faster replacement for the brass beast basically.

Tomislav: Works really well if you like shooting within mid-range but can also excel close-range, and the faster and silent spin-up can work for ambushes. The only real downside is the lack of DPS, but if you're accurate enough it can be your best option in most cases.

Huo-Long Heater: Definitely the most underused one, and for a good reason. If you can keep your ammo at a constant high(by dispenser support or otherwise) it's pretty much a free sidegrade to the stock minigun, but if not I wouldn't really recommend it. The ring of fire is pretty useless if you aren't already destroying everything around you, though I guess it could work for pocketing an engi nest and watching for spies.

Overall I prefer the stock one, but every minigun can be useful on it's own way. Even the huo-long if you're dedicated enough to git gud with it.

I have stopped playing heavy months ago, but in my opinion:

Minigun, good DPS, first choice for a hoovy main and a good enough fire rate. Stand near dispenser to become a moveable lv2 sentry gun with more health. plus you can get it in form of an aussie and f2ps will stare at you.

Tomislav: Tomislav was a ruler of Croatia in the Middle Ages. He reigned from around 910 until 928, first as a duke of the Duchy of Croatia, and then became the first king of the Croatian Kingdom by the year 925. A good sidegrade, the less spread made it easier to fight anyone from medium to long range. Basically snipers are out of your 'Potential counter list'. Can also be bought for Aussie form, so players can stare you more.

Brass Beast: Is a fun weapon in times 10, u r sentry now.

Natasha: A good weapon if you hate scouts, and also another good weapon if you play MVM, but a minigun with a damage penalty and a slower deploy time makes it really weak, so basically Natasha is a support minigun, more than a kill weapon.

Huo Long Sh*tter: At least Sniper's razorback can do something in comp, but Huo Long Heater? Not sure if valve intends it to only counter spoi? Or they just wanna put that in the game for no reason. Spies can counter that thing by jumping, scouts too. If I were to buff it, I would make teh minigun set people on fire when hit by its bullets  Yeh, no reason to use it and no reason to fight it.

I personally prefer the stock minigun, I find that as long as you play smart the Tomislav's extra rev-up time doesn't really matter (Jump revving around corners basically annihilates this "boost"). Brass beast is too non-sentient for me, can't move and this just makes you a target for snipers.

Archived