Rhys' death: Real or Fake?

Chimera

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you truly think Rhys is dead, or do you think it's fake?

• I believe he really is dead
    • His death is fake
    • I don't know
  2. 2. If it's fake, why do you think he did it?

• He wanted a way to leave the community
    • He is trolling
    • Other (if possible, please specify in a comment)

JUST IN ADVANCE I DO NOT INTEND ANY DISRESPECT TO RHYS, I JUST WANT THOUGHTS.

Rhys was pulled up again, and it got me thinking. After careful thought, and through behavior from Rhys' "brother" from his account (for example, as Pilltacular has said him deleting RGBacon, which was explicitly against what was in his will, and constantly changing his name, currently is "Alcoholocaust"), I'd like to ask your personal opinion on his alleged "death". Is his death real or fake in your opinion?

I personally am starting to lean to fake, due to his activity on his account (I mean come on, why would you go into your brothers account and make your name something offensive like that? You're asking for drama). Also, why would his brother come into his will and bend what Rhys really wanted?

What do you guys think? Any feedback as to why you think this either true or false? I'd like to ask this to be a gentlemen's debate, although I know some cannot understand that request.

Again, just so everyone knows, I am not sure as to whether this death is real or not. I do not intend any disrespect in any way, so if anyone finds this offending, I offer my dearest apologies.

I don't know why people refer to his profile as a way to think it's a fake. The real story is the third-party website.

TF2Outpost http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198057039518 - last trade was 1 month ago.

http://backpack.tf/id/rhys13th - his backpack has been nearly a straight line for some time.

If he's not dead, why wouldn't he be trading? Or at the very least cash out? I also doubt that he would just entirely leave the forums voluntarily for more than a month for a 300+ post user.

Now I have no claims but I still find it more than likely that he's dead. He only had 1 hour of sleep which tends to make very poor decisions. How do you know that his brother is actually decent to Rhys? For all we know, he couldn't have given a damn that Rhys is dead. But again, it's just speculation. I just don't believe it's fake for those reasons, but I have no claims that the death was real either.

I don't know why people refer to his profile as a way to think it's a fake. The real story is the third-party website.

TF2Outpost http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198057039518 - last trade was 1 month ago.

http://backpack.tf/id/rhys13th - his backpack has been nearly a straight line for some time.

If he's not dead, why wouldn't he be trading? I also doubt that he would just entirely leave the forums for more than a month for a 300+ post user.

Now I have no claims but I still find it more than likely that he's dead. He only had 1 hour of sleep which tends to make very poor decisions. How do you know that his brother is actually decent to Rhys? For all we know, he couldn't have given a damn that Rhys is dead. But again, it's just speculation. I just don't believe it's fake for those reasons, but I have no claims that the death was real either.

Maybe he's fed up with trading and already has everything he wants? 

As for his brother not caring, he probably wouldn't have posted anything if thats the case. 

Its possible rhys was trying to decide whether or not to kill himself and wanted to see what kind of reaction it would stir up (if people cared that don't do it, if they didn't care then do do it). 

Either way, and i'm going to sound like a dick--but who cares? Assuming he did kill himself why is he different then any of the other hundreds (thousands?) of people who commit suicide every year. Its not like anyone actually "knew" him. 

err i haven't followed this discussion with him or don't know who he is, can someone, summarize?

He commited suicide, and his brother posted on reddit bout his death. || He's faking it by being his brother and shitting on all of us

Can we just get off the topic of rhys?

If he has indeed passed away then we should not speak ill of the dead, if this is all just a troll then i wouldnt care anyways posting everywhere is helping him "troll"

thanks

He commited suicide, and his brother posted on reddit bout his death. || He's faking it by being his brother and shitting on all of us

Can someone link the reddit thread? 

Also, was he a steam user or something?

Either way, and i'm going to sound like a dick--but who cares? Assuming he did kill himself why is he different then any of the other hundreds (thousands?) of people who commit suicide every year. Its not like anyone actually "knew" him. 

Watch out, they'll delete your post.

Because it hits close to him, considering he's a TF2 guy and visited this site, even if most people didn't know him.  It's the "Steve Jobs" effect -- when he died, suddenly everyone acts like they know him and care all about it, and refuse to stop talking about it.  Don't take it as if I'm disagreeing, I agree with all of your points.

TBH the best thing is to stop talking about him.  If he's dead, then k, he's dead and we should just leave him at that.  If not, he's just a shithead and should be ignored anyways.

Listen. The person who was Ryhs 13th is dead. Upon reading his thread about the girl there are many cues that signal that a an instable state existed in him. He was rejected by the girl who lacked the maturity to understand what she was doing. It was not her fault but she easily should handled it better by what we can see. His family is somewhat messed up: 1. I would not allow my other son to use his brother's account out of respect. 2. I would also not allow that son to make the posts that Rhys appeared to request be done. 3. If I was his brother I couldn't use his account as it is disrespectful unless he wanted to which is not the case here.

He is not trolling and if he wanted leave the community, like many others, he would request a ban as us the most common method. Faking a suicide is not how anyone does this regardless of their socie skills and understanding.

Except this and know it was preventable. Sad.

Maybe he's fed up with trading and already has everything he wants? 

As for his brother not caring, he probably wouldn't have posted anything if thats the case. 

Its possible rhys was trying to decide whether or not to kill himself and wanted to see what kind of reaction it would stir up (if people cared that don't do it, if they didn't care then do do it). 

You don't view any suicide less just because there are many especially if it was someone in your sociel circle. That is what makes him different here all of the reactions you see on this site is normal for a community. Allow people to express it is important for them to do so.

You don't view any suicide less just because there are many especially if it was someone in your sociel circle. That is what makes him different here all of the reactions you see on this site is normal for a community. Allow people to express it is important for them to do so.

2 run-on sentences and one spelling errorr are on your post.

"I see that you have made three spelling mistakes."

-Thomas de Mahay, Marquis de Favras, French aristocrat, his last words upon reading his death sentence before being guillotined

I've dealt with teenagers that were depressed like him before and so that leads me to believe he is not dead. Often times these kids want attention and faking death is unfortunately rather common as a means to get attention

And.....

I've dealt with teenagers that were depressed like him before and so that leads me to believe he is not dead. Often times these kids want attention and faking death is unfortunately rather common as a means to get attention

Attention from whom? Is it us or his reddit friends? It would be hard for his parents to notice his fake suicide if it only occured here.

Haven't read anything posted thus far, and I don't intend to either. My two cents is that Rhys, whether it happened or not, wanted to leave his current life behind. He has severed all ties to TF2 trading, or at least to its supporting communities and has made no attempt since then to reestablish any ties. I assume this is because he is either legitimately dead, or has decided to disconnect himself from his past ways in an  effort to reform himself and progress forward in life in a new direction. In any event, he has comeback, so I find bringing him to the forefront of discussion showing that we are still living in the past while Rhys trudges onward, whether that be in heaven or where ever he may be found on this Earth.

If there is anything to take away from this, it is that the past has occurred, and there is no changing that, but we do not need to live in the past. At this moment in time, I personally believe Rhys is still alive, not because I hope for it, but because that's what my gut says with the information present. What I do hope for is that he has found his footing again with his life and may find himself finally fulfilled. That is what I intend to do myself as I, too, continue on in the present with my family and friends.

His profile is interesting. Soon after his "death", it seems someone took over the account and started changing things. Some people have suggested that it was his brother. They changed the profile picture to several things displaying death, like a skull and crossbones. It seems very disrespectful, especially coming from what I believe is his brother. So yes, I think it is fake, but we should let him be.

Archived