So Be Careful With Middlemen

------

I well... I WAS a first time unusual seller until today. Knowing there's no way to get anything back, I don't care too much about reporting the idiots (the one was already reported and trade banned anyway and the other is in the process of being banned). All in all, though, I lost $60.

Let me just say this: don't. Trust. Middlemen. Even if they're your friend. Somebody rushed a "middleman" trade on me, but it turns out the middleman was just somebody who pretended to be my friend. Had I done my research I would have known that's one of the oldest tricks in the book, but sadly I was too stupid to think of that.

Pretty sure its your own fault that you got scammed, so saying "dont trust middlemen" is a stupid statement, given there are plenty of people with lots of trust as well as verified Steamrep middlemen that would have been glad to middleman it. Really your own incompetence that you just picked some random person that sounds like they're already in some trouble.

I well... I WAS a first time unusual seller until today. Knowing there's no way to get anything back, I don't care too much about reporting the idiots (the one was already reported and trade banned anyway and the other is in the process of being banned). All in all, though, I lost $60.

Let me just say this: don't. Trust. Middlemen. Even if they're your friend. Somebody rushed a "middleman" trade on me, but it turns out the middleman was just somebody who pretended to be my friend. Had I done my research I would have known that's one of the oldest tricks in the book, but sadly I was too stupid to think of that.

Why shouldn't I trust a middle man if he has plenty of rep?  Actually, by definition, you can only be a middle man if you have excessive rep, because....well, I guess you figured that out. 

Middlemen are one of the safest ways to conduct a cash trade when you're not reputable. Using your own middleman is never advised, but as long as you go with someone who really is trust worthy you'll be fine. 

If you're going to use a middleman in the future, you can trust anyone on the steamrep middleman list. Steamrep no longer has dedicated middlemen, they discontinued it after one of their middlemen went rogue, but partner communities can still have green tagged middlemen. 

Just exercise caution when trading cash and always do your due diligence, which it doesn't sound like you did if one of the people was already trade banned.

Basically what everyone above has been saying;

Don't use your friends, use people with considerable rep on a reputable site, and record the whole thing.

Basically what everyone above has been saying;

Don't use your friends, use people with considerable rep on a reputable site, and record the whole thing.

or use friends you know IRL so you can go after them if they try to screw you :v

Or use your real life friends (if you have) so you can fuck the shit off them if they scam you. Or even better burn their house.

Pretty sure almost everyone knows this, you just refused to do the simple google search and paid the price for it.

in other news,

don't stick your dick in a blender

Stay Safe :D

But really if you don't trust the other person enough to straight up give the item before they pay you, they aren't worth trading with imo.

Archived