Building PC out of old parts n stuff , any recommendations for thingys?

iliad

basically, a friend (baddygames) made me upgrade his pc and i got his old parts,

heres the list of what i have right now-

AMD A6 6400k (not so sure but it is in a FM2+ mobo)

8gb of some ram

some 400w psu (80 plus bronze so no need for upgrade i think)

2x R7 240's (going to sell)

the only things I need to get are a case,ssd and a graphics card (budget like £120)

I only want to use this for games like tf2, csgo and maybe overwatch and try and aim for 100+ fps in source games and 60 fps in overwatch.

any suggestions?

The a6 is a good chip, i built a rig with one a while ago now. I used an r9 270x card which has served well and is still serving, with this card, that chip and 8gb ram i was getting way over 100fps in tf2 and csgo. The r9 270x is a bit dated now although still usable, aim for something a little higher up and youre golden. getting all of that lot for £120 will be challenging i think

The a6 is a good chip, i built a rig with one a while ago now. I used an r9 270x card which has served well and is still serving, with this card, that chip and 8gb ram i was getting way over 100fps in tf2 and csgo. The r9 270x is a bit dated now although still usable, aim for something a little higher up and youre golden. getting all of that lot for £120 will be challenging i think

I dont mind getting a crap case or a used gpu just needs to work 

If you intend to get a better graphics card I would upgrade the PSU for a better one with an actual quality behind it. I have a similar rig with A8-7650k and R9 270x with a VS550 Corsair PSU and it works well for me. (Currently the mobo got faulty and I'm using only the on-board GPU, but still good framerates. Just a hint: Don't buy Asus/ASRock. You better off with a Gigabyte or MSI FM2+ socket mobo)

If you intend to get a better graphics card I would upgrade the PSU for a better one with an actual quality behind it. I have a similar rig with A8-7650k and R9 270x with a VS550 Corsair PSU and it works well for me. (Currently the mobo got faulty and I'm using only the on-board GPU, but still good framerates. Just a hint: Don't buy Asus/ASRock. You better off with a Gigabyte or MSI FM2+ socket mobo)

I have a gigabyte mobo for it and the 400w power supply has worked for the past 2 years and it has that gold sticker so it probably is good.

also thinking of getting a 120gb ssd and hopefully a r7 360 for it.

Archived