Your Trading Pet Peeves

BigfootMcScrub

So I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to trading, so I thought I would make a thread. 

My personal pet peeve is when somebody labels a trade like, "Selling a Super Cool unusual!" You ask yourself, "Whats the effect, whats the hat? Whats super cool?" So you click on the trade and hello and behold the hat is the stout shako and the effect is Nuts and Bolts. He simply hid the hat/effect because he knew nobody would click on it otherwise. 

Examples - 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/49985-s-discounted-all-class-unusual/?hl=%2Bselling+%2Bawesome

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/51632-discounting-an-unusual-ke-clean-af-1-owner-me/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/41976-selling-unusual-scout-hat-unusual-weapon/?hl=%2Bsuper+%2Bcool&do=findComment&comment=446647

What are your trading pet peeves?

The fact that everybody wants nothing but bread and butter first gen soldier hats. Also the fact that every single quickbuyer on OP has the exact same price.

When I want to buy someone's backpack but they expect full value out of it.

Or even worse, more than that.

Yes, I can see that backpack.tf values it at $_________. Yes, that is an inflated estimate. No, I will not pay that much. Nor will you ever find anyone who will.

Though I do like when they come back a week later asking if I'm still willing to pay that much.

When someone adds me and says "Added to discuss" without actually saying what they want to discuss, and 90 percent of the time its a lowball or an offer on something I'm not selling 

When someone offers those GOD DAMN parted or painted shits on my Pro ks stuff

Lol, EVERY TIME!

When I tell people to comment or leave a trade offer unless they're paying my B/O, but someone adds me and PMs me a hella lowball.

When you negotiate for a couple hours and then they finally agree to do the deal, and then they retract at the last second.

When I desire to purchase something but I'm just a few X Currency items away from it with no/little chance of getting to the exact value the person wants.

"Does anyone want to trade" on a trade server.

And he ends up having a backpack worth 10 ref.

My biggest pet peave is when @Toughsox doesn't unban you from his site and therefore you talk constant sh-t about it. KappaRoss.

S/o to outpost.

When I desire to purchase something but I'm just a few X Currency items away from it with no/little chance of getting to the exact value the person wants.

That difference is what seperates profit and breaking even or even losing.

Every scrap counts; even if it's worth less than a penny, I started with 2 craft hats; and only put $50 on my steam wallet since then, and have built up my steam account since then, but remember that every scrap counts.

Guy: Hi

Me: Hi, how can i help ya

Guy: Added for item

Me: what item?

>Hat

>what hat

>soldier hat

>which one

>Guy has invited you to trade

tldr: people who dont tell you specifically what they want when they add you. im nice enough to even add half the people who add me, dont be fucking retarded 

When someone tries to pay your quicksell price in unusauls, not keys.

or sorta along the lines of the OP, when someone advertises in chat saying something super misleading like: Selling an awesome first gen unusual! 

when it is actually a duped, overpriced, flies hat.  

gg wp man

trying to sell an outdated an unusual to people who only go by the backpack price. 

I once offered my Secret stainless pot (price was 64 keys and 6 months outdated) on a 70 key unusual. Seller blocked me and told me to fuck off. Weeks later the pot got updated to 75-100. Moments later the same guy unblocked me and begged me to send another offer. :P

Guy: Hi

Me: Hi, how can i help ya

Guy: Added for item

Me: what item?

>Hat

>what hat

>soldier hat

>which one

>Guy has invited you to trade

tldr: people who dont tell you specifically what they want when they add you. im nice enough to even add half the people who add me, dont be fucking retarded

That tldr was longer than the first part lmao

trying to sell an outdated an unusual to people who only go by the backpack price. 

I once offered my Secret stainless pot (price was 64 keys and 6 months outdated) on a 70 key unusual. Seller blocked me and told me to fuck off. Weeks later the pot got updated to 75-100. Moments later the same guy unblocked me and begged me to send another offer. :P

Bible.tf worshipers. 

when someone offers their hat 1:1 for mine, but one post above them I declined an offer of that same hat+like 20 keys

when people on outpost have to put fucking check marks and feed you information you already know

Selling this UNUSUAL SMOKING TEAM CAPTAIN
- Clean (http://backpack.tf/item/1090147338)
- God Tier Multi-Class Hat (Soldier, Heavy, Medic)
- Level 71

it's a unusual team captain level 71 and multi class?? HOLY SHIT THAT IS SO COOL I HAD NO IDEA!!!

"Does anyone want to trade" on a trade server.

Its worse when they do that on a pub server. I have seen those types of people way too much.

When you have a hat and then you quick sell it but someone adds you LITERALLY moments later and fucking offers full pure for it. That happened to me last night and now I have suicidal thoughts.

"Does anyone have 20 keys?" on trade servers. Then if you trade him/her, offers his/her hat worth 21 keys for the awesome quicksell price of 20 keys, what a deal!

Archived