welp *sharking* is safe now

The Brave Little Kitten

Anyway, I would consider anything under 50% of the common value of an item to be sharking assuming the seller doesn't know the value.

I agree that sharking isn't nice, but it's really the responsibility of the individual to find out what their items are worth before trading them away. You can prefer that strangers will always tell you what your item is worth, but to rely solely on that is pretty dumb. Penalizing people for sharking is also problematic since the value of an item isn't objective nor can it be proven that the buyer knew what the item was worth when he offered on it. A guy could trade an unusual hat for a weapon. It's possible the buyer could have thought it was a fair trade as well. You can't prove that the buyer knew the value.

Anyway, I would consider anything under 50% of the common value of an item to be sharking assuming the seller doesn't know the value.

I agree that sharking isn't nice, but it's really the responsibility of the individual to find out what their items are worth before trading them away. You can prefer that strangers will always tell you what your item is worth, but to rely solely on that is pretty dumb. Penalizing people for sharking is also problematic since the value of an item isn't objective nor can it be proven that the buyer knew what the item was worth when he offered on it. A guy could trade an unusual hat for a weapon. It's possible the buyer could have thought it was a fair trade as well. You can't prove that the buyer knew the value.

Well sharks generally have tons of worth, or make a trade with a normal b/o almost instantly (making sharks quite obvious)...

While i think sharking is a dick move, they definitely.dont deserve s scammer tag. Also, the problem with penalizing sharking, is that the majority of people will shark irl if given the opportunity.

Archived