Help me with the new updates

Pearly Gates

Hey,

since I got here again there were many tf2 updates, I've got some questions.

1. What's that competetive thing with that pass and stuff?

2. what are those contracts?

3. on pubs  there sometimes are people with some kind of ticket next to their name, what's that?

That are my questions for now

Hey,

since I got here again there were many tf2 updates, I've got some questions.

1. What's that competetive thing with that pass and stuff?

2. what are those contracts?

3. on pubs  there sometimes are people with some kind of ticket next to their name, what's that?

That are my questions for now

1. gSLizqb.png?1Competitive beta passes / pass invites allow people who are mobile authenticated to be able to compete in the beta stage of Competitive TF2.

2. Contracts are a tab that may be found on the menu screen. It links in with the 3rd question you have as previous updates - Tough Break Campaign and Gun Mettle Campaign - had challenges you could complete upon Valve-owned servers. Such challenges would be like "As Scout: kill 1 pyro: 1CP, kill 5 people in 1 life: 10CP" and yada. CP = Contract points. Obtaining 100 CP would allow you to turn in your contract to get a random drop related to the update. You need to use up a Campaign Pass during the allotted time in order to be eligible to receive and do contracts.

3. A stamp next to the name are shown for people who have bought and used a Tough Break Campaign Pass. Here is an example: nKIBr6e.png?1

Hmm, and how do I get such a pass?

So I can't use/buy those passes anymore, as the event is kinda over right? And that's where those ugly cancerous weapon skins come from, right? 

Thanks man!

Hmm, and how do I get such a pass?

So I can't use/buy those passes anymore, as the event is kinda over right? And that's where those ugly cancerous weapon skins come from, right? 

Competitive Beta Invite Passes are dropped randomly in the forms of Competitive Beta Invites Gifts. You can't use it on yourself. You'll have to receive your own competitive pass by having a friend gift you one. Luckily, I do have some so hit me up if you need a Comp Beta Pass.

As for the Campaign (for contracts) Pass, they are normally bought in the Mann Co Store for about £3.99 or $5.99 I believe. For now, they can't be used any more but are still sold in the Steam Community Market for dirt crap. And yep, those are where the cancerous skins come from. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Tough_Break_Campaign#Campaign_Weapons https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gun_Mettle_Campaign#Campaign_Weapons

200px-Backpack_Wildwood_Medi_Gun_Medi_Gu200px-Backpack_High_Roller%27s_Medi_Gun_200px-Backpack_Dressed_to_Kill_Knife_Kni200px-Backpack_Balloonicorn_Flame_Throwe200px-Backpack_Torqued_to_Hell_Wrench_Wr

Contracts are things you get for buying the current pass (there's been like 4 now), they're basically little challenges that you get rewards for (typically shit skins or cases). Competitive passes just let you play TF2 competitive beta when there's no stress-test running. The tickets by people's name means they have one of the passes.

Basically: TF2 is P2P now.

Okay, thanks guys! :)

It kinda has been since Mvm :D

That would've been the case if MVM would exclusively be playable only with tour of duty tickets.

However you can just play it for free but without any loot drops.

If you want a Competitive Pass, just add me. I have a few left and you can only gift them to people on your friends list or if your in a server with them. Its fun so, why not.

Archived