Where do you guys see tf2 trading in the future?

A lot of people are currently claiming trading is just a shade of its former self and that's it's much slower than before.

Slower? Certainly. Permanently slower and worse than before? I highly doubt so.

I've seen some high-tier TF2 traders looking to transform their whole cs:go inventories to tf2 items. Regardless of whether it is because the items are cancer, or that they want a good deal through overpay, we all know how much easier it is to sell cs items. After all, tf2's playerbase is significantly smaller than the former, and cs is way more popular.

Let's take a look at the future, though. Valve is likely to release a major TF2 update in the next few months, which will likely bring in a lot of players. Some of them will be coming back to the game due to Valve's rebalancing of the game's core mechanics, and others will be completely new, attracted by the freshly released matchmaking system.

That is why I think tf2 trading is in no danger-- trading is slow at the moment, sure, but you can be sure that once we get more players, demand's going to go up the roof. We don't even need new players, all we need is to revive everyone's interest in this game, and we can hope Valve's balancing changes will do that.

That is why I believe tf2 trading is only about to get better, and I'm not the only one with this insight as it seems.

What do you guys think about it? Will it only go downhill from there? What's our future as a community?

every hat is all class and select class hats are the new 'rare', causing them to be astronomically high.

and bobsplosion will only get richer

TF2 trading is in a good spot, the only reason why it's "slower" is because valve spams hats every update. What used to be a small handful of hats every update to get people excited has become a norm, this obviously "spreads out" demand which results in slower trading overall but the number of trades...etc is rising. Just not rising at the same level of hats/new items entering the market.

Future of the community/economy will 100% depend on valve. They need to keep the game interesting and innovative overwatch has essentially created competition for a class based fps game and with blizzard being how they are will definitely pump a load of money to create a great competitive scene which will open the doors for many more class based fps games to follow suit. Valve needs to keep up with the competition or risk falling into obscurity, tf2 is a old game as it is, if they keep it how it is now it will eventually die out :S

every hat is all class and select class hats are the new 'rare', causing them to be astronomically high.

and bobsplosion will only get richer

That's not true. You'd need all content creators to update their items, and I'm sure quite a lot of them are repulsed by the greed we make example of

Furthermore, even if there were a lot of all-classes, supply would skyrocket, leaving us with cheaper hats overall.

I'm not too concerned with TF2 trading "dying" out in the long run. 

TF2 is just one of those games that super easily accessible & it's economy is super easy to understand in comparison to other games' economies. Most definitely trading is slower than before but I doubt it will ever stop until Valve release a new F2P IP with a better content & items (mind you which will be hard considering there's already a fuck load of items in TF2 with community content creators getting more attention)

The matchmaking update will most definitely improve trading but I'm uncertain if it's for a few months or for a few years. I think it's safe to say that we're in tf2's normal trading pace. Now, with all these hats going all-class might pose a bad idea & I can see why. It makes seller other unusuals harder but I see it being highly advantageous for TF2 trading in the long run, injecting more highly desirable items into the economy. I think it's in a solid place with spikes due to hype.

HOWEVER, if profiting is solely the reason why you're trading then I would recommend

1) Get a job

2) Switching to CS:GO's economy

But I've never bothered which switching. I just trade for a hobby originally to buy games because poor little Arcy here didn't haz any muneyz :'(

HOWEVER, if profiting is solely the reason why you're trading then I would recommend

1) Get a job

2) Switching to CS:GO's economy

^this

No matter how great of a trader you are a job will always be better. Yes, there are the selected few who have claimed to make over 300k in their entire trading career but most were trading since the very beginning (for 8-9 years) if you worked at a any decent job for 8-9 years you would have made so much more... Most traders like yourself have it as a "side" for fun sorta thing, hardly a replacement for a job which is what a lot of the younger generations think trading can become...

Archived