Question About Selling Items with Spells

ksolis01

I have a strange ticket boy painted indubitably green and chromatic corruption. Should I add just half the price of the spell or full considering how rare they are?

that used to be mine :P

Lol, why did you quicksell it to scrap.tf? Someone is paying 3 keys for it in classifieds.

I actually like the cosmetic a lot. Will put an ad, but I won't care if it sells or not.

Should I add just half the price of the spell or full considering how rare they are?

Un-applied spells don't exist in a tradable form any longer, and their price was specifically for the un-applied state. The raw spell prices got super-inflated for a number of reasons,  (essentially, valve removed un-applied spells. The only ones remaining were in accounts that hadn't launched TF2 since the update; thus, un-applied spells were almost a collector's item) but no one was ever willing to pay any reasonable fraction of those prices for applied spells. So the prices are for items that no longer exist, and are thus almost 100% useless. Basically, you should ignore the spell prices completely.

Items with applied spells are still very common, unless you're really looking for a specific item+spell combination. And the footprint spells are the one most people are after. You'd be lucky to find anyone paying anything extra for chromatic :/

Un-applied spells don't exist in a tradable form any longer, and their price was specifically for the un-applied state. The raw spell prices got super-inflated for a number of reasons,  (essentially, valve removed un-applied spells. The only ones remaining were in accounts that hadn't launched TF2 since the update; thus, un-applied spells were almost a collector's item) but no one was ever willing to pay any reasonable fraction of those prices for applied spells. So the prices are for items that no longer exist, and are thus almost 100% useless. Basically, you should ignore the spell prices completely.

Items with applied spells are still very common, unless you're really looking for a specific item+spell combination. And the footprint spells are the one most people are after. You'd be lucky to find anyone paying anything extra for chromatic :/

There is actually someone paying 4 ref extra on classified. Thanks for info info. I guess I will just keep the ticket boy until someone is really interested in buying. I sold an Antarctica parka with one of the paint spells, green one, and the person paid two keys extra. That was lucky for me that scrap tf had it, and a person on outpost was really interested.

Lol, why did you quicksell it to scrap.tf? Someone is paying 3 keys for it in classifieds.

I actually like the cosmetic a lot. Will put an ad, but I won't care if it sells or not.

If you like it and you dont mind selling it, put it up for sale for a nice price and wait, some people are really interested in spells.

Items with applied spells are still very common, unless you're really looking for a specific item+spell combination. And the footprint spells are the one most people are after.

While it really isn't relevant to OP's exact item, it is probably at least worth nothing that for weapons at least there really are no combinations, there is just spelled and unspelled (well there are also Flamethrowers, any explosive weapon, and wrenches, but everyone gets the idea). So it is much easier to try and sell higher for the spells with weapons, also the fact that basically it is impossible to get spelled weapons now without paying a higher price.

Archived