why can't buds have the good price?

MurK

And what, pray tell, is wrong with their current price?

And, to answer your question, people simply stopped wanting buds. That's it. The only reason they were so valuable to start with was because fewer trading slots meant that a more valuable currency than keys was needed to trade higher-value things. Of course, at this point, the item limit for trades has been expanded to the point where people didn't need the higher-value currency, so they stopped wanting it.

They had been dropping for months before they finally crashed. That was just the culmination of it all.

The only reason why I see someone buying a bud is to wear them.  Otherwise  :huh: who knows?

Also 2 years ago was a totally different time from now.  Back then big traders horded them a lot so that prices were high and people valued them very high.

because you, by yourself, don't define what "the good price" is :u the market does.  times change ya know

I don't understand the love of buds that some people have, always complaining the buds dropping "ruined the economy". Is it sentimentalism? Because most of the time, including in the case of OP, they don't actually have any buds so it's not like they lost money. I'm genuinely curious what the obsession with the things are.

why cant we have buds be the good price like 2 years ago when they were like 30 keys

Do you think they're worth 30 keys? Great news! YOU can do something about it!

Go get a giant pile of keys and start buying them for 29 keys each, and re-sell them at 31.

If you do this enough, I guarantee their price will return to around 30 keys.

I don't understand the love of buds that some people have, always complaining the buds dropping "ruined the economy". Is it sentimentalism? Because most of the time, including in the case of OP, they don't actually have any buds so it's not like they lost money. I'm genuinely curious what the obsession with the things are.

I think it's mostly that people just don't understand change, and assume that any change is bad. They were also a status symbol that low-value traders aspired to own, and they didn't like having the object of their desire devalued so harshly. The same people who complain about the buds drop also complained every time they raised in price. "Buds are too expensive, I'll never be able to afford them, the economy is  rubbish!" turned into "Buds crashed, there's no point in buying them now, the economy is rubbish!"

Some people don't seem to get that buds are basically Tf2's version of a VCR. Big, expensive, and important back in the day, but now cheap, unpopular, and obsolete today.

I, for one, was quite happy when they finally crashed. Keeping track of prices in buds was a pain because they were always fluctuating. One day a hat will be 5 buds, the next it will be 6.8. So on, so forth. The economy needed to depend on a stable currency, and that happens to be keys. It's honestly been much better since the change.

I, for one, was quite happy when they finally crashed. Keeping track of prices in buds was a pain because they were always fluctuating. One day a hat will be 5 buds, the next it will be 6.8. So on, so forth. The economy needed to depend on a stable currency, and that happens to be keys. It's honestly been much better since the change.

This is actually why some people thought (incorrectly) that buds crashing was the crashing the economy (hence one of the arguments for (the unnecessary) saving of buds). Unusuals and other high priced items were priced in buds and so as buds crashed the apparent value of items was dropping and a bunch of people somehow thought that the apparent devaluing constituted a real devaluing when that wasn't the case at all.

This is actually why I am not too fond of pricing items in metal either, as presents the same problem, just at a much smaller scale and on the opposite side of keys. I remember back when the price of keys in metal was varying wildly and I was trying to sell an item for half a key, which meant that I needed to constantly update the price in metal. And when it finally sold the sale was used as proof in a suggestion, but the suggestion was in metal which would than vary independently from keys when I had sold the item based on key value and not metal value.

EDIT: To be fair, pricing certain items in metal does make sense simply because of their relationship to metal, i.e. craft weapons and craft hats. It would be absurd to suggest pricing items such as those in keys.

Really? I find their price better than ever now that i don't have to pay a shit ton for one to wear.

Archived