Charity Drive for Fort McMurrey Releif?

[Unactive Account]

This is fort McMurrey

77bNRhz.jpg

Fort McMurrey is a small town in the northern part of Alberta, a province in Canada. Its main produce is Oil, since it is situated very close to the Alberta Oil sands.

A couple weeks ago wild fire season happened earlier than expected. Unfortunatly one fire started very close to the city and it got out of control. 

This is fort McMurrey now....

w3k7R7r.jpg

In some areas up to 90% of buildings have been destroyed in the fire. As of may 4th up to 1,600 homes have been destroyed. people were evacuated and it has become the biggest evacuation of Canadians in Canadian history. It would cost 9 billion CAD to rebuild everything. this makes it the most expensive canadian disater since the ice storms in quebec (1.8 billion). Other communities are at risk too. As of today the fire is not controlled yet and its growing rapidly

gCcjNkA.gif

Workers have been let into Fort Mcmurrey this week to bring back infrastructer but it has been delayed when a explosion happened due to them turning the electrical grid back on. The damage to the grid caused the explosion.

Many businesses and charity drives have been put up to raise money for the Canadian Red Cross to help in relief and rebuilding efforts there. Businesses such as McDonalds, Major Grocery Chains, etc.

My idea is that we set up a charity drive to help the Canadian Red Cross.

http://canadian.redcross.ca/canadian-red-cross-society/?gclid=CjwKEAjwpfC5BRCT1sKW2qzwqE0SJABkKFKRhn0XZWt1qmx4soBae2siSNivujglXIdA3H3MXzr7PhoCV-Xw_wcB

I know backpack.tf did the AbleGamers charity drive before. 

What do you guys think?

No, AbleGamers had to do with GAMING, which is what backpack.tf is about.

Although I would support this on my own time, I don't think it has a place on a video games forum. 

I think a charity drive would be a good idea, but I'm not entirely certain how many people who frequent backpack would actually be interested in donating to this cause.

It sucks that that had to happen, but quite frankly I don't see BP.TF nor anyone here contributing. Able gamers was a different story BECAUSE it was about gaming.

It's easy to give out excuses, but what if your home and everything you owned got burned? I find this a great idea and it doesn't have to be a massive charity thing. Simply put a small banner where people can donate keys, items, cs:go skins, etc; and then a community member (be it brad, geel, etc.) turns that into cash and donates it to an appropriate charity that focuses on this.

I'd donate some of my keys for sure, specially for the animals :(

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 19, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 19, 2016 - No reason given

Gaming nerds have too much pizza to stuff their fat fucking faces to donate any $.

No, AbleGamers had to do with GAMING, which is what backpack.tf is about.

Although I would support this on my own time, I don't think it has a place on a video games forum. 

Who cares if it had to do with gaming. A charity is a charity. Its meant to help people. It doesn't need to be about gaming. Your helping people out either way. 

Who cares if it had to do with gaming. A charity is a charity. Its meant to help people. It doesn't need to be about gaming. Your helping people out either way. 

Sorry, but you're wrong. This is a GAMING forum. You go post this on a forum that is about charity. I don't expect backpack.tf to sponsor this.

Sorry, but you're wrong. This is a GAMING forum. You go post this on a forum that is about charity. I don't expect backpack.tf to sponsor this.

phyJUvX.png

It's called suggestions for a reason

I don't really see why you care so much. 

Sure, they could sponsor this. And they could sponsor all the little British villages that got f*cked during the floods. Or the millions of other charities doing work every day that's just as worthy a cause as this.

But that would be a clusterf*ck. And to privilege this, worthy cause as it is, over any other charitable work, is unfair.

So we stick to gaming charities, because those have a sensible, defined link to us, and don't open the floodgates.

Hope that's a little more informative than "no 'cause we gaming duhh"  :)

Sure, they could sponsor this. And they could sponsor all the little British villages that got f*cked during the floods. Or the millions of other charities doing work every day that's just as worthy a cause as this.

But that would be a clusterf*ck. And to privilege this, worthy cause as it is, over any other charitable work, is unfair.

Well the Canadian Red Cross uses the money it collects to help many relief efforts. They helped when the Haiti earthquake happened. Right now the majority of the money they collect is going to Fort Mcmurrey atm. 

As for the gaming thing. Well we can have some sort of theme. But even the gaming charities were like people playing games to help people. They didn't help other gamers.

So we stick to gaming charities, because those have a sensible, defined link to us, and don't open the floodgates.

Hope that's a little more informative than "no 'cause we gaming duhh"  :)

I'm going to be real honest when I say that I respect Ablegamers a lot -- but their charity is not as important as people literally losing their homes and lives.

If you want people to continue to treat gamers as kids playing with toys, then sure, you can fight against having good work done. But "gamers" exist in "real life" too, and in real life, people are suffering.

I'm going to be real honest when I say that I respect Ablegamers a lot -- but their charity is not as important as people literally losing their homes and lives.

If you want people to continue to treat gamers as kids playing with toys, then sure, you can fight against having good work done. But "gamers" exist in "real life" too, and in real life, people are suffering.

I donated $10 to the Charity because you said this.

Geel, you aren't a "money-hoarding" assbutt, you're a respectable person.

Archived