My phone just completely crashed, how do carry over the Steam Auth?

barbapagga

My iPhone 4s won't turn on anymore and I don't know any way to fix reset it as my lock-button was broken already.

So it's highly appriciated if anyone know something to fix that.

But my real question is how I carry over the Steam app to a new phone (I don't have that important code anymore as I saved it in my phone)?

As far as I know you just need access to SMS, and not the recovery code, to use another phone/desktop authenticator.

Other than that, if you really need that code, you can open a ticket in the Steam Support. A lot of users around the web resolved the same issue opening a ticket.

As far as I know you just need access to SMS, and not the recovery code, to use another phone/desktop authenticator.

Other than that, if you really need that code, you can open a ticket in the Steam Support. A lot of users around the web resolved the same issue opening a ticket.

Thanks!

When you sign in on the phone, say you no longer have access.

It'll ask for recovery code or SMS, choose SMS. It'll transfer it to the "new" phone.

Note: you will have trade holds tho

Look up Bluestacks. That's what I use because my phone did the same. Download it on your computer and all you have to do is download Steam on it and open it up to confirm. 

Archived