backpack.tf automatic trades

googlies9

Sorry I couldn't find a better place to put this.

My question about the automatic trading is this: Lets say I want to buy somebody's unusual for 20 keys. His offer is an automatic trade. I know that he had to download some sort of script, but my question is that do i have to download the thing for automatic trade or not. Also, since it says to only offer the buyout, should i include his unusual in his section of the trade or only put the keys in the trade? Also, how will the bot know which item i am asking for if 2 items the person lists have the same price.

Thanks.

Sorry I couldn't find a better place to put this.

My question about the automatic trading is this: Lets say I want to buy somebody's unusual for 20 keys. His offer is an automatic trade. I know that he had to download some sort of script, but my question is that do i have to download the thing for automatic trade or not. Also, since it says to only offer the buyout, should i include his unusual in his section of the trade or only put the keys in the trade? Also, how will the bot know which item i am asking for if 2 items the person lists have the same price.

Thanks.

you don't need to download anything to buy/get an item from someone who uses automatic

put the unusual in his section, otherwise you're just giving him 20free keys

the bot doesn't need to know which item if you put the item you're buying in his section...

... should i include his unusual in his section of the trade or only put the keys in the trade?...

DONT ever ONLY put your payment(keys in this case). You will more likely be giving them free keys, just as if you sent a random person keys. I find from time to time, when I log on this account, trade offers from others were they asked for none of my items, put there payment, and within the message, they had wrote what hat they wanted...... Dont ever do that. Just put your payment, and the item you want in one offer.

Also if they're running backpack's bot, ( the lighting bolt doesnt always mean this is the case ) then whatever item you ask for should have the SAME asset_id as the one listed. It is best to just pick the first one you see if they have more than 1 of the same items, in the case they're running backpack's bot and didnt list them all.

You dont really have anyway to know if they price their items based on asset_id or def_index.

Archived