Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Brad Pitt

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Added the Mayflower Cosmetic Case and Mayflower Cosmetic Key
    • New community cosmetics case with 14 items
  • Fixed weapons not playing idle animations when cl_autoreload was set to 1
  • Fixed team Spectator using the wrong name in tournament mode
  • Fixed occasionally getting the wrong output for the nextmap command
  • Fixed a regression with the explosive-headshot upgrade sound in Mann vs. Machine
  • Fixed the SMG firing tracers for every bullet while Focus is activated
  • Fixed The Sheriff's Stetson and The Patriot Peak not using the correct Blue team material
  • Updated models/materials for The Well-Rounded Rifleman, The Federal Casemaker, The Sub Zero Suit, The Salty Dog, and Universal Translator
  • Players can no longer change teams in Mannpower Mode
  • Updated tc_hydro and ctf_2fort to fix a problem with cubemaps

View the full article

When valve are so out of ideas that they just add 'the' to the start of a old cosmetic's name and ship it as a new hat.

When valve are so out of ideas that they just add 'the' to the start of a old cosmetic's name and ship it as a new hat.

Skullcap

oh god, Dat Salty dog update xD, it looks nicer and its all class now xD (Blah, now i cannot get higher tier effects since they are going to hike in price, ah well)

What class uses the Bedouin Bandana?

My guess would be Medic or Sniper

But eh ye

It might aswell be allclass…

Universal translator = All-Class along with the others im guessing this is getting out of hand

It's already out of hand when hot dogger went all class  :D

Seriously, multiple hats were made all class. This is reaaaaally getting out of hand

It isn't Valve's fault that they're being made all-class. The creators are the ones updating the models and blahblahblah.

It isn't Valve's fault that they're being made all-class. The creators are the ones updating the models and blahblahblah.

Not to sound stupid, but I am starting to suspect people owning large amounts of a specific hat is bribing content owners to update their collection to all class just to get the profit off the hype.

Not to sound stupid, but I am starting to suspect people owning large amounts of a specific hat is bribing content owners to update their collection to all class just to get the profit off the hype.

Now you realised?

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

I was on a trade server, and then a guy said, hey, I know a lot of hat creators so I know what will go all-class next. And another guy offered to buy that information with pure. And then I realised, if I were a trader, and I had enough money in my bp, I could pay these creators so they would make their hats all-class. I just need to buy these hats before they updated their workshop then sell for higher when hyped, I can make hundreds easy keys each trade by rinse and repeat this. I'm not scamming anyone here so I can't be tagged as scammer. Anyone can manipulate the market as much as they like by this system.

tfw Universal Translator didn't become a misc but many sellers still act like it did.

Will people soon realize that now it's just a worse, more common, lower grade Phononaut? Or will they stay overpriced forever because owners are blinded by "hype"?

But yeah All Class updates will kill trading eventually. Maybe I should cash out soon..........

I have a theory that this is valves intention. Shift the attention to creators (everybody asking them to update their creations to all class status) which stops some people begging valve for a decent update because the attention is elsewhere. Valve then updates the hats, kills trading community by over-saturating the market and making the majority next to worthless. By which point the high end people have cashed out because it is a dying and unstable economy (I have seen a lot of people do this in the past few months.)

From there Valve are able to put tf2 in the grave without too much resistance because they have destroyed the trading side of the community which does play a big role in the game. 

Its just a theory but when you think about it, it doesnt seem all that far-fetched given the updates over the past year (halloween disaster, "smismass" rubbish etc)

You can start throwing the "Oh but they have comp now" in my face but honestly I dont see that going anywhere special or having a significant role in the game since it is over far too quickly and playing with randoms is next to impossible when you face off against a group of friends.

I have a theory that this is valves intention. Shift the attention to creators (everybody asking them to update their creations to all class status) which stops some people begging valve for a decent update because the attention is elsewhere. Valve then updates the hats, kills trading community by over-saturating the market and making the majority next to worthless. By which point the high end people have cashed out because it is a dying and unstable economy (I have seen a lot of people do this in the past few months.)

From there Valve are able to put tf2 in the grave without too much resistance because they have destroyed the trading side of the community which does play a big role in the game. 

Its just a theory but when you think about it, it doesnt seem all that far-fetched given the updates over the past year (halloween disaster, "smismass" rubbish etc)

You can start throwing the "Oh but they have comp now" in my face but honestly I dont see that going anywhere special or having a significant role in the game since it is over far too quickly and playing with randoms is next to impossible when you face off against a group of friends.

Eh, I don't know... obviously your theory is plausible, but why would valve try to kill a game that they make hundreds of thousands, possibly millions on?

Yea seems like that.  Like the guy yesterday who all of a sudden pops up a trade with 4 Salty Dogs and says to "check the histories, he didn't buy them after the update".  Soooo....you just decided to embark on a serious salty dog collection?  I guess that's possible, but seems a bit suspicious seeing how the salty dog turned all-class out of the blue without any hype whatsoever.  And then there's the fact that the same guy over the last week or so sent me several offers for my scorching salty.  Hmmm......

It is definitely getting out of hand though.  How many all-class updates have we had in 2016 so far?  Seriously, like at least 10?  More if you count non-unusual cosmetics.  I can understand that the hat creators want their hats to be worn by as many classes as possible, but at this rate, we'll have over 100 all class hats pretty soon.  And here we are in 2016, and we still don't have a demo misc....

Yea seems like that.  Like the guy yesterday who all of a sudden pops up a trade with 4 Salty Dogs and says to "check the histories, he didn't buy them after the update".  Soooo....you just decided to embark on a serious salty dog collection?  I guess that's possible, but seems a bit suspicious seeing how the salty dog turned all-class out of the blue without any hype whatsoever.  

It is definitely getting out of hand though.  How many all-class updates have we had in 2016 so far?  Seriously, like at least 10?  More if you count non-unusual cosmetics.  I can understand that the hat creators want their hats to be worn by as many classes as possible, but at this rate, we'll have over 100 all class hats pretty soon.  And here we are in 2016, and we still don't have a demo misc....

Also, this side of the coin: Too much all-classes will hurt loads of low-mid tier 1-class hats. Doesn't matter for unique ones, but in terms of unusuals, idk. The "ew, heavy unusual" meme, was here since start. And "100 all-classes" (which in that case gonna become affordable) gonna just make "ew _insert class_ hat" hype.

I still have no idea why they decided to make hotdogger allclass. Now SD, which was obviously made for solly, and looked fine on him.

Hope this will not get out of hands completely.

Eh, I don't know... obviously your theory is plausible, but why would valve try to kill a game that they make hundreds of thousands, possibly millions on?

To enable them to focus on something else without the current parade of the community hassling them for updates to existing games.

It can be hard for people to appreciate something new coming when they are so set in the older ways if you get me.

Like I said; just a theory

To enable them to focus on something else without the current parade of the community hassling them for updates to existing games.

It can be hard for people to appreciate something new coming when they are so set in the older ways if you get me.

Like I said; just a theory

I'm with Maximus on this one.  Valve has always relied on the community for content, this is nothing new.  And that's a good thing if you ask me, the community are the fans of the game, they want to see it flourish, thus they will try to deliver good content.  Sounds good to me.  

I really don't think that Valve is trying to kill TF2.  In short, that would be a financially retarded move.  I also think that you're overestimating how much Valve is really annoyed by the community asking for updates.  It's not like there are people outside of Valve's headquarters with signs "we NEED more updates NOW" and throwing rocks at their windows.  It's just a loud minority of the community that quite frankly wouldn't be satisfied even if Valve came out with a new update every 4 weeks.  Pretty sure it doesn't bother them at all.  

And as for focusing on "new" things....when's the last time Valve has made anything truly new?  And I really mean, when has Valve themselves made anything new.  Portal 2?  CSGO doesn't count, that was mostly made by Hidden Path and Valve slapped their brand on it.  It's really simple:  making truly new things (e.g. HL 3) is very costly and very risky.  What if Valve lets TF2 die and then HL3 somehow doesn't end up being a success (totally possible, we've seen many long anticipated sequels not get a positive community response).  You end up with a huge loss.  It's much safer to just keep TF2 alive as long as possible and continue to make money.   

Archived