I have not played TF2 since 2 years, what happened ?

Hz. Aiberg

I remember the days when keys used to be around 4,22 refs and that price would seem high...

What the hell happened to the economy ? TF2 used to allow everyone to join this "trading frenzy" if they were willing.

When somebody had a earbud it meant that person was rich as hell. Now it's just way too common.

Can somebody please explain me what happened to TF2 ? I want to know the reason behind this situation. TF2 was our fantasy location with economy, now it's just like real life, rich earned more and poor lost even more.

all class hats multiplied

as for economy, i suppose just tanked after a while, buds are now cheap as dirt

You can say the trading is pretty much dead will for me but idk about you. But yeah it's because all these profit whores

But the gaming community still lives on just that a lot of people just love making money out of it because it shows how much of a profit whore they are

The trading community isn't dead at all, it's not all profit whores that trade either. Obviously theres people who trade and barely even play the game, but you can't scold them for liking the economy more than the actual game. It's not that hard to adjust to the changes. The rules are the same as they have always been, if you want to make some money you can do so with just a little effort.

Keys are now master race and metal is pretty worthless. Sounds about the same.

it's not all profit whores that trade either. Obviously theres people who trade and barely even play the game, but you can't scold them for liking the economy more than the actual game.

I wouldn't mind it much if they weren't so condescending and uppity. 99% of the people who do that judge you on your bp value and laugh if it's a dollar lower.

Answer is obvious: players and the whole community.

TF2 lost some of it's community and lots of traders, because of few previous updates, buds price drop and the Mobile Auth thing. If this didn't happen then this thing would still go on, but right now it's slowly dying (hurr durr everyone was saying that few years ago). It's still easy to profit, but stuff may take a little more time to sell than before.

Buds dropped because they weren't needed as a placeholder anymore. As players can now trade as many items as they want in a single transaction, there wasn't much use for an item whose only purpose was to be worth X keys. Being worth a variable amount of keys didn't help either, as as more and more people lost faith in their stability, they crashed, and crashed hard.

As for Key's value in metal, it's not that keys are raising in value, but that metal is losing it's value. Metal enters the economy at a much faster rate than it leaves, as there's very little use for it, even in crafting. So it just buys less and less. It's still useful for trading low cost items like junk stranges and craft hats, but if a person wants to go from nothing to something now, it takes a lot more metal to get there.

Really, the only way we'd see metal surge is if they release an attractive sink for it. They're capable of doing it as demonstrated with the bread boxes and strange transfer tools which reduced massive surpluses of craft hats and strange parts respectively. But they just don't have much incentive to do so.

Collector's hats are cool again

Why are they cool again, is there a reason?

haven't really played tf2 since last summer

I actually made like $20 on the SCM after buying some items for like 4 keys (not saying how at least) so now I can buy CS:GO keys. You can still make profit it's just that you need to do something different than the basic ways.

Sure bids have totally gone to shit, but if you think about it, they are still the same price in ref.

If you think about trading in TF2 again, I would just say don't. The market is only populated by quickbuyers and/or people selling overpriced. Unless you can find some different way into the profit margin, go into CS:GO trading.

Keys are now master race and metal is pretty worthless. Sounds about the same.

I wouldn't mind it much if they weren't so condescending and uppity. 99% of the people who do that judge you on your bp value and laugh if it's a dollar lower.

Why would you mind that?  :lol: there is really no reason to take them seriously. Their credibility is off the table the moment they started to judge someone solely based on the worth of their backpack.

Trust me its unnecessary to give yourself bad blood over some spoiled kids that brags about their inventories.. just feel sorry for them since that's the only thing they got.

Why are they cool again, is there a reason?

haven't really played tf2 since last summer

Because most of the collectors items are being all class

Archived