Include the price of a spell on an item

herb johnson

Pretty self explanatory

With the spell on it, an item is worth more, but the backpack.tf pricing does not show it. Please make it show the price of the spell because that would be nice

they add almost next to nothing though

they are a novelty, and most people dont pay extra for them

It really depends on how much people are going to pay for it. Entirely relies on buyers, you have too many outlying sales to correctly price them because some people are ready to pay a pretty penny and some aren't. Back when I had a burning flames tough guy's toque with two spells (orange footprints & voices from below) a buyer told me he valued them at 5 keys.

Market's too abstract for them at the moment in my opinion

Adding prices for spelled items is kind of impossible. Aside from the inconsistent pricing there is also the fact that unlike paint, the same spell can be applied by various tools of varying value. For example: The Voices from Below spell is applied by 9 different tools, the cheapest of which is 11 ref and the dearest of which is up to 3 keys. How would the price for the applied spell be determined?

Pumpkin Bombs despite only having only 3 tools has an even greater price range, from 1 key to 8 keys.

While I can't talk for cosmetics I have a hard time finding spelled weapons that are not being sold at a higher price. And I see spelled weapons being brought and sold for higher prices all the time. Though to reference something already mentioned in this thread already, the prices for spelled weapons are inconsistent as hell.

I have lots of items with spells and i think adding its value is bad idea. Its impossible right now to do new spells price suggestions and spells prices are super unaccurate/outdated. Only thing that could be good would be adding extra note (like low crafts have) - This item's value is possibly higher (Halloween Spell).

It really depends... Honestly, I don't know any traders who pay full price or even 1/2 price for spells... You'd be lucky to get a few refs - a key.. 

Adding prices for spelled items is kind of impossible. Aside from the inconsistent pricing there is also the fact that unlike paint, the same spell can be applied by various tools of varying value. For example: The Voices from Below spell is applied by 9 different tools, the cheapest of which is up to 3 keys. How would the price for the applied spell be determined?

Pumpkin Bombs despite only having only 3 tools has an even greater price range, from 1 key to 8 keys.

While I can't talk for cosmetics I have a hard time finding spelled weapons that are not being sold at a higher price. And I see spelled weapons being brought and sold for higher prices all the time. Though to reference something already mentioned in this thread already, the prices for spelled weapons are inconsistent as hell.

All the voices from below spells are slightly different.  Also Pumpkin bombs is only for rocket launchers and gourd grenades is only for sticky bomb launchers.  Those are all unique spells however I agree for the other reasons that we should not integrate spell prices.  

@op The idea of Integrating spells has been brought up and shut down many times, I tried to find some of the old topics but they've all been archived.  It would be cool if we could somehow integrate them, but there isn't any feasible good way currently.

All the voices from below spells are slightly different.  Also Pumpkin bombs is only for rocket launchers and gourd grenades is only for sticky bomb launchers.

I think you are confused about how the spells work.

There is only one Voices From Below and only one Pumpkin Bombs. The only difference between the tools is the restriction on what they can be applied too. e.g.

* Squash Rockets applies Pumpkin Bombs to Rocket Launchers.

* Gourd Grenades applies Pumpkin Bombs to explosive Demoman weapons.

* Sentry Quad-Pumpkins applies Pumpkin Bombs to Engineer melee weapons.

Three different tools, only a single applied spell.

I think you are confused about how the spells work.

There is only one Voices From Below and only one Pumpkin Bombs. The only difference between the tools is the restriction on what they can be applied too. e.g.

* Squash Rockets applies Pumpkin Bombs to Rocket Launchers.

* Gourd Grenades applies Pumpkin Bombs to explosive Demoman weapons.

* Sentry Quad-Pumpkins applies Pumpkin Bombs to Engineer melee weapons.

Three different tools, only a single applied spell.

Oh I guess we just got mixed up.  I understand those spell mechanics, but each of the pumpkin bomb spells are different things.  The voices from below have different voice lines (different classes) and the weapons all have slightly unique looks to them (they don't all have the same pumpkin bomb spell exactly).  I thought you were saying one tool could accomplish putting the slightly unique pumpkin bombs on all the different weapons, which I agree isn't the way it works :P

It's not very clear that spells add value onto items; it's more obvious that people use spells as an excuse to highball their spelled item. There isn't a way to properly integrate something like this as the market for items with spells is just all over the place - there's no hard and fast rule for how much value spells add.

Yesterday I sold a loch n load with pumpkin bombs for 2 ref. So its possible that spells do add some value to an item

Archived