Best primary for battle-engi

FoxBoy

Default shotty is best all around. You would never see the shotty fail you in any situation.

Pomson is also decent, but prepared to be called an asshole

FJ is only good when the enemy is retarded enough to feed you kills/assists

WM heavily relies on your ammo management and aim.

Why would you be running rescue ranger with minis

Panic attack, just don't

Yeah, I agree with Noot. My brother played a lot of battle-engie in pubs and he always told me shotgun was the best pick. Thing with the frontier justice is that you're relying on getting kills with your mini to get crits, and when you don't have any crits you just have a downgrade of a shotgun.

Uncle Dane made a video talking about the widowmaker, and while in concept it's an amazing weapon, in practice you're not realistically going to be landing all of your shots unless you have really, really good aim. And even then, when you do build a mini/teleporter you're going to be short on ammo, so missing shots is extra penalizing

Shotgun's really good due to its clip size and how well it rewards good aim

With the gunslinger? Frontier Justice. People hate random crits so imagine having crits in storage that you can use at any moment. Nothing's more satisfying than criting people up front.

The damage output you can do with the widowmaker can exceed any crit you can accumulate with the frontier justice.

For one is that if you don't use the widowmaker because you will sometimes miss with it then chances are you will also sometimes miss the crit shots on the frontier justice, especially if players don't sit in one spot to get shot. The other is that you need to rely on your mini sentry to score some kills, and not only to distract players.

You indeed need to have a good aim and reaction if you want to play effectively with the widowmaker, but even if you miss one or even two shots, you can recover if you hit them or if you have ammo packs nearby, i mostly rely on my dispenser if there isn't anything close to get. The only instances were you might have trouble is when you hit cloaked spies since it won't regenerate your metals when you hit them.

But yeah the safest bet is to play with the regular shotty, its just all around a good weapon and you don't need to bother as much with the ammo or metal management from the other two weapons, so you can just focus being all around a good engie.

Pomson is also pretty good assuming you like watching the world burn.

I prefer the shotgun due to clip size, as well I can aim okay-ish so landing shots is ok. I don't use the widowmaker simply because I try and focus on getting sentries/dispenser/teleporters up to help me/my team, as well having a mini sentry helping you while rushing a heavy with a shotgun is a pretty good strategy, providing you can land your shots and the heavy misses his

tl;dr

stock shotgun all the way

I got Shotgun when I go Battle Engy, but I sometimes use the FJ.

Pomson for trolling.

Idk why but my aim becomes shit when I try the Widowmaker.

Archived