Does bp.tf not care if they enable sharking, as long as they get paid?

Flutterslut

If this is an overreaction because the report didn't go through/wasn't valid/etc etc etc then I apologise; but I'm fairly sure it wasn't.

I saw some burning muffs finally got unboxed. I noticed it had a 3 person history. Oh look, I spoke to the original owner and 

http://puu.sh/owDk7/9c8aaf8d26.png

He gets offered 100 keys for something worth 15x that. Guess what? the guy had bp.tf premium.

I send in a report. Oh look, nothing happened.

http://backpack.tf/u/76561198082477089

This, clearly, is the only time this has happened before. Not like this guy specifically is banned on outpost for being an alt of an account banned for sharking. Or that there's numerous other times bp.tf premium gets used as a sharking service with no consequences I remember.

So as long as these people fork over money, nothing gets done? When that original database made the rounds a few years ago everyone was up in arms about it (and let's be honest, that one was designed for sharks in mind; I have no issue with bp.tf's premium service). 

Posted · Hidden by polar, May 5, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, May 5, 2016 - No reason given

go back to scrap.tf pls we like to be happy here

go back to scrap.tf pls we like to be happy here

Sorry, you've lost me.

Are you basically saying that bp.tf gets bribed by sharks? because thats one hell of an accusation.  

Nothing happened because there are no chat logs to prove the whole sharking thing. It sucks, but that's how it works, because if it didn't it'd be very easy to get high-tier traders banned for getting good deals. Of course it doesn't mean sharking isn't a prominent aspect of the trading community, but unless the victim has chat logs - which is delirious if you ask me, because someone who doesn't check their hat's price is VERY unlikely to keep screenshots of every chat with every person they trade with - it's a lost cause.

Premium was not created to help newbie predators or enable sharking but there's no way that bp.tf can prevent it from being used as a sharking tool without taking away invaluable data from other users.

Here's the thing: it's not bp.tf fault.

That's like blaming guns for shootings, guns are only a mean that can be used for many things, it's the people who choose to use them for bad purposes the problem.

And not only that, but backpack.tf ALSO offers for free it's main service: providing prices for tf2 items. Not their fault if someone doesn't do their homework when unboxing an expensive item.

To each their own, that guy paid about 700 keys for a lesson on how to be careful, one that will last him a lifetime but it'll be worth it.

Unless there's proof it was malicious, they can't ban. Basically what it boils down to.

Archived