Overflowing classified listings that are the same item

Ottoman Empire

Hello everyone.

I know the title sounds weird but I can't think of a better term for this (in my opinion) problem.  As you may know, there are people who want to sell multiple amounts of the same item; which isn't a problem, but this could easily flush out the traders who want to sell one of the same item at the exact price or higher.  I was thinking to add a limit (1 or 2), or to have a number on the top-right (e.g. if I want to sell 5 strange Wrap Assassins, there would be a "5" on the top right corner of the weapon thumbnail).

Thanks.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about if this still doesn't make sense:

ki3KAD6.jpg

As you can see, Spirit has posted multiple listings of the exact same item.

Here is my concept:

IRZ4uQl.jpg

So instead of having multiple listings, there is a number (where the user enters in) that shows how many of the same item the user is selling.

This would be nice. I got 16 hot doggers and i listed just one and i wrote "got some of these..."

It would be like when you make a price suggestion and it shows the amount you own.

Hmm personally I don't mind having an "overflow", after all competition breeds innovation. If the seller in the image is selling plenty for 1.33, then simply sell for 1 scrap less. Won't kill you and it helps others.

If there really are that many unique items for sale at that price, it doesn't matter if they're all owned by one person or spread amongst multiple people.  I know for automatic listings (like the one in the example you showed).  You HAVE to make individual listings for each item.

not a bad idea, would be like outpost not allowing multiple trades selling the same item(s)/having the same purpose

It will be a problem with automatic. Plus, u won't be able to distinguish low craft numbers with the rest of the lot i think.

Archived