What are your thoughts on the recent Vac Ban Wave in Tf2?

OverduePixels

• Administrators

As most of you know, hundreds and hundreds of Users got Vac Banned very recently in Tf2. It has been a long time that I have seen a Vac Ban Wave in Tf2. Few of the players who got vac banned are trying to justify their ban. Even someone (Jcapps) from the Top 50 backpack list here on backpack.tf got Vac Banned, taking away $20K worth of items which are essentially worthless now. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think Valve will start to improve the Vac system in Tf2 from here on out or do you think this is a once in a blue moon wave?

Do you think Valve will start to improve the Vac system in Tf2 from here on out or do you think this is a once in a blue moon wave?

the hack source got leaked when lmaobox got hacked by totally not styles, so no it probably wont improve again

I think it's great that the comp scene essentially got cleaned out, I really hope that some match results get overturned because of that.  If grand finals got overturned for this season since Afterlife got banned, I can get a shiny placement medal :3

These people had it coming; it's their fault they didn't pay attention. Besides, they could've at least used their brains to play on alt accounts.

The VAC ban wave only happened because someone leaked the source codes, in other words, it's very unlikely Valve will actually improve the VAC system. 

The only thing we can do now is hope that no one bothers to revive the LMAO-BOX project in a long, long time.

Unfortunately its bound that something else will replace it, although seeing people getting vac banned out of the blue because someone got their hacking source leaked and thus not having any time to prepare makes me more happy. It is sad to hear that it was due to the error of the one who made the hack, and not from the initiative of the company trying to prevent it.

And i'm sorry but when someone is making a story that big without telling anything prior on getting vac banned, then its most likely fabricated bullshit, its really all they can do to soften the backlash they will get. He could've prepared beforehand if it was intentional since it was something bound to receive backlash from people.

The VAC ban wave only happened because someone leaked the source codes, in other words, it's very unlikely Valve will actually improve the VAC system. 

The only thing we can do now is hope that no one bothers to revive the LMAO-BOX project in a long, long time.

Reviving it is literally just a case of stealing webzz's injection method. Lmaobox's injection method got patched, not the cheat itself. 

Not true, they can analyze the source code, analyze the vulnerability, analyze a way to prevent it, analyze everything out of it. So this will improve VAC system.

I was a regular on a particular server for about 2 years, until one of the moderators decided completely out of the blue to accuse me of having hacks. I did not, nor have I ever (I'm not even really that good, so go figure). It was a gut-wrenching experience though, because it was the only server I ever really cared about and they went pretty far out of their way to publicly demean and slander me. They didn't bother to ban me as far as I know, but I haven't gone back.

With the recent wave of VAC bans, I feel at least somewhat vindicated. Wishful thinking, but I hope they put everything they have into improving VAC on the back of this event. Ban them all.

Regardless of how it happened, I'm overjoyed it did. In ugc alone over 450 players got vac banned, including the snipers from the winning teams of platinum, gold and silver, meaning that those teams are now probably going to go under investigation to see if their wins are valid or not. That is disappointing as all hell; they should be skilled enough at those levels to be able to handle without a cheat carrying them, and the fact that they did gives me no sympathy for them. Their teams however are a different story if they were unaware of their teammates actions; because of the stupidity of one, the rest of the team now faces the possibility of their wins, and their effort, being revoked.

Chances are that in time another hack may come back to take over lmaoboxs spot, but hopefully valve will see these numbers and try to improve the vac system to prevent such a mass use of it in the future. Until then, I'm going enjoy the lack of cheaters in tf2 now, and actually start losing because the other player is more skilled than me, rather than because they chose to cheat.

get fed! get LUNCHbox!

best tf2 snack!

i don't feel sorry for people.

so i definitely don't feel sorry for those who use cheats, as they are subhuman refuse.

Reviving it is literally just a case of stealing webzz's injection method. Lmaobox's injection method got patched, not the cheat itself. 

^^^^

You guys do realize now that LMAO is kill, there's a open market now. Developers are scrambling to fill the gap left.

Never understood why people cheat with their main accounts with expensive items lol aside from the competitive players, I assumed that their purpose of cheating was to just make games easier for them but since there's no built in progression system ( leveling / ranking ), what's the point of using cheats on your main?

I'm not sure what to say except all the scumbags who were cheating had it coming. And "scumbag" isn't even strong enough when talking about that kind of player.

I've seen some guy awhile back for like 3 months just straight hacking with his unusuals on, this was also a valve server, I haven't played in awhile, wonder if he got vacced.

My thoughts as always, of course like everyone else here, must at least encounter 1 hacker in a random pub, and like Muselk once said "Go Sniper and equip Danger Shield!" And 6 th June, 2015 is the day I defeated a hacker, hacker rage quitted and server is back on track.

And then news came, saying that VAC-Ban Wave happened and source codes are leaked and many more.Even better news! The MOFO who created that thing said he gave up. IDK if is true or not but at least he won't have any 12-year-old kids paying for his College funds. I went to  their forums to see all these discussions people are making and then I saw a post that catches my eye...

Apparently LMAOboc moderator (Wilson) said that there is an update coming soon, and I was sitting on couch saying "I fear we have waken a sleeping tiger."

My thoughts as always, of course like everyone else here, must at least encounter 1 hacker in a random pub, and like Muselk once said "Go Sniper and equip Danger Shield!" And 6 th June, 2015 is the day I defeated a hacker, hacker rage quitted and server is back on track.

And then news came, saying that VAC-Ban Wave happened and source codes are leaked and many more.Even better news! The MOFO who created that thing said he gave up. IDK if is true or not but at least he won't have any 12-year-old kids paying for his College funds. I went to  their forums to see all these discussions people are making and then I saw a post that catches my eye...

Apparently LMAOboc moderator (Wilson) said that there is an update coming soon, and I was sitting on couch saying "I fear we have waken a sleeping tiger."

then it would be just like CSGO, new update and new VAC :) there's even community admins and admins for other stuff

Archived