the tyler1 indefinite ban

-Cope-

As a lot of you may know tyler1 is considered the most toxic LoL player currently and he just got an indefinite ban by Riot Games,what's your opinion about this?

I think it was going to happen sooner or later but i think this decision will be re-thought as he gained a very powerful fan base quite quickly

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2016 - No reason given

I used to play LoL but I don't give a shit about the community, so I don't have an opinion on him.

Isn't he the infamous flamer? Good riddance, he set a bad example for the already toxic community with too many impressionable pantheon top mains.

Isn't he the infamous flamer? Good riddance, he set a bad example for the already toxic community with too many impressionable pantheon top mains.

Well his times of popularity were when he was a looot better,he also changed himself quite a lot and you can see that by watching his streams

Bans for toxic in chat are fucking stupid. Bans for feeding are good. Too bad riot cares mostly about toxic than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly think people can say what they want, flame all they want, and overall people should be allowed to have a voice regardless of any situation.

So no, I don't think that's acceptable of banning someone over their right to speak. 

I honestly think people can say what they want, flame all they want, and overall people should be allowed to have a voice regardless of any situation.

So no, I don't think that's acceptable of banning someone over their right to speak. 

Least of my intentions being edgy, you don't have any rights. Nobody does-- we only have privileges

Abuse those privileges and they get revoked. Easy as it seems, you can do whatever you want but if it has a negative effect on other people expect retaliation

Sounds like your point of view is one-sided as hell. How would you like being flamed incessantly, just because they "have the right to", even if it's stupid and has no real reason to be happening?

Your point of view is absolutely repulsing, not because of the moral implications it has, but because it's illogical as hell. Yeah, go ahead and give every child the right to pick a fight online and throw tantrums, that's the easiest way to make a community disappear.

Say what you want about the dude's fanbase, a legion of idiots who think pissing people off online is anything more than a massive waste of time and utility is worth absolutely nothing. They don't really pose a threat to LoL's thriving-- children come and go, people with that mentality are a dime a million. You can't really erase such things, but do you really expect the game devs to willingly kill their community? Or should they be very sorry not everyone shares such petty interests?

Freedom of speech does not really exist as you see it. There are many things that you can say that will outright lead to you getting arrested.

Things like threats, harassment, intimidation, encouraging violent acts, encouraging hate or spewing hate are all examples of things that will get you banned from maybe places. Even in real life, you will get yourself into some trouble by doing any of those. 

Archived