mlp

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

I just make sure to say shit about them as much as I can to prevent the spread.  Even if it doesn't help that much.

And all that does is make those that wave their fandom around flap their flags even harder and in your face. Most of the overly visible "manchildren", as you call them, in any fandom, not just for mlp, when confronted with someone actively hating their fandom, will become incredibly defensive, and more importantly, loud about their fandom. If instead, you left the fandom alone, they'll simply retreat back to their own private corner of the internet and those currently flapping their flags, whether driven by pride or trolling habits, will stop once they realize they aren't getting any reaction anymore.

In other words, attack any fandom and you get:

0G8ec92.jpg

MLP is a well-written show with a disproportionately creative fanbase. Of course it has its fair share of wierdos, just as any community, but it's sad to hate something as utterly harmless as MLP. The majority of the hate is pure short-sightedness 'omg its coloured horses!!!' or baseless rebuke based on it being a show for children– I mean, many of these 'cult classics' including the far more well-respected Dr. Who started out as childrens' shows.

I've watched two seasons which I enjoyed in earnest and I've listened to a lot of the fan created music. I don't call myself a brony because I don't subscribe to the kind of biases being part of a fanbase entails, and to be honest I find the characters quite flat, but I assure you that it is what is appears to be: a well-written show about fairly anthropomorphic cartoon horses.

I used to watch it. Then I stopped after Season 2 because I realized how much of a man-child I was watching that show

Only thing I like are the hot cosplays

I used to watch it. Then I stopped after Season 2 because I realized how much of a man-child I was watching that show

Only thing I like are the hot cosplays

Well, naked women ARE naked women after all

And all that does is make those that wave their fandom around flap their flags even harder and in your face. Most of the overly visible "manchildren", as you call them, in any fandom, not just for mlp, when confronted with someone actively hating their fandom, will become incredibly defensive, and more importantly, loud about their fandom. If instead, you left the fandom alone, they'll simply retreat back to their own private corner of the internet and those currently flapping their flags, whether driven by pride or trolling habits, will stop once they realize they aren't getting any reaction anymore.

In other words, attack any fandom and you get:

0G8ec92.jpg

Yes, and while they're defending it their true colors show and everyone realizes exactly how big of manchildren they are.

Yes, and while they're defending it their true colors show and everyone realizes exactly how big of manchildren they are.

And that would matter....how?

Archived