Whats the difference between The Samurai Warrior Games and the Empire versions?

JayTuut

Like Theres samurai warriors 2, then samurai warriors 2: empires, then the same for 3, and 4 now.

Whats the difference in the 2 games? I thought empires was where u control and empire etc, like i thought i owned samurai warriors 2: empires, but it turns out i actually own samurai warriors 2, not empires.

So what's the difference between these 2 games?

On another note if anyone is a fan of this series (which i know 1 forumer is, cant remember who) is samurai warriors 4, or 4 empires, or 4-II worth getting?

Thanks!

In the core game, you follow the story of an individual character (or their side) and play through several maps with varying scenarios/objectives. Some stories are historical, some are what-ifs.

With the Empires games, you take control of a side (or an officer serving in the side) and try to unify a map of the country under your banner. In addition to determining when/who to attack you must also manage resources and morale, both of which affects the difficulty of the battles. The battles themselves all follow the same style, where you capture bases for your side until you get the enemy's main camp, whilst also defending your own.

The combat system is basically the same between the core and empire versions of a game.

As for Samurai Warriors 4, I can't offer an opinion as they're Playstation exclusive, but the base 4 shouldn't be gotten as 4-II is an updated and improved version of 4, unless you want to stack the games for trophies.

In the core game, you follow the story of an individual character (or their side) and play through several maps with varying scenarios/objectives. Some stories are historical, some are what-ifs.

With the Empires games, you take control of a side (or an officer serving in the side) and try to unify a map of the country under your banner. In addition to determining when/who to attack you must also manage resources and morale, both of which affects the difficulty of the battles. The battles themselves all follow the same style, where you capture bases for your side until you get the enemy's main camp, whilst also defending your own.

The combat system is basically the same between the core and empire versions of a game.

As for Samurai Warriors 4, I can't offer an opinion as they're Playstation exclusive, but the base 4 shouldn't be gotten as 4-II is an updated and improved version of 4, unless you want to stack the games for trophies.

For samurai Warriors 2, (which i have played, and talked to you about in an earlier thread, u were the person mentioned) it was basically ur 2nd thing about that... Idk i just remember playing and choosing a starting clan and territory and then trying to conquer all the land in battles and etc and defending and resources and shit.

I actually dont have a ps4 haha..... But I may or may not get one. Is 3 any good? I heard it was shit

You really are thinking of Empires. In the core game, say you chose Nobunaga Oda. You'd play a set of 5 stages, the first 3 covering his actual historical conquests, then the 4th diverges into a what-if with him winning the incident at Honnoji, and the final stage has him eliminating his remaining rivals and unifying the land.

This is what you'd see in Empires:

samurai_warriors_2_empires_8.jpg

Whereas the core game will look more like:

samurai-warriors-2-pc-screenshot-www.ova

You really are thinking of Empires. In the core game, say you chose Nobunaga Oda. You'd play a set of 5 stages, the first 3 covering his actual historical conquests, then the 4th diverges into a what-if with him winning the incident at Honnoji, and the final stage has him eliminating his remaining rivals and unifying the land.

This is what you'd see in Empires:

samurai_warriors_2_empires_8.jpg

Whereas the core game will look more like:

samurai-warriors-2-pc-screenshot-www.ova

But in samurai warriors 2 i had both of those.

As someone who owns both 2 and 2: Empires, I can safely say no, you did not.

Go play samurai warriors 2 again, i just did and safely i can say, yes, yes i did

Go play samurai warriors 2 again, i just did and safely i can say, yes, yes i did

samurai-warriors-2-empires--200702270002

From samurai warriors 2

same as

maxresdefault.jpg

so is

783055-934349_20070307_001.jpg

Booted up my copy of SW2 and:

Main menu:

3JkUEVd.jpg?1

Officer Info:

PJxjwwd.jpg?1

Level select:

O2T6Y77.jpg?1

Also, here's the cover for 2 Empires, with screenshots similar to what I previously posted as belonging to Empires:

FIUSoVy.jpg?1

Booted up my copy of SW2 and:

Main menu:

Officer Info:

Level select:

Also, here's the cover for 2 Empires, with screenshots similar to what I previously posted as belonging to Empires:

\

yeah thats what i have SW2

I always like picked a starting clan in japan and tried to take over, while also trying to make money and keep the citizens happy

And again, that's Empires, not the base game.

This is what I see when I boot up Empires:

OYVaajU.jpg?1

8uymXXO.jpg?1

dhqh8Kf.jpg?1

Completely different from the first set of pics. I've now taken pictures of both games, I don't know how else to convince you that you have the two mixed up or merged.

Archived