Should i report this user?

hooters

Someone in game asked if anyone was selling unusual hats, and i said yes so we started a trade.  after he offered to buy my hat for steam wallet, he told me he couldnt do it, and he was planning on scamming me.  should i report the user?  i have a screenshot of the chat and the entire trade chat copied.

I would

There's no real way of knowing if he actually didn't want to scam you, got cold feet or if he knew you were on to him.

since he offered you Steam wallet money which is obviously Untradable, yes its an attempted scam... (UNLESS he noticed at the last second that he cannot trade Steam Money, how many hours in TF2 does he have anyways?)

since he offered you Steam wallet money which is obviously Untradable, yes its an attempted scam... (UNLESS he noticed at the last second that he cannot trade Steam Money, how many hours in TF2 does he have anyways?)

Wallet codes are one of the oldest scams, anyone who tries it is a scammer, no exceptions. They can just use the money to buy keys and spend that, scammers like that are just fishing for brainless people to rip off.

it wasnt a wallet code, he was going to buy a crate off the market then i would trade him the unusual.  honestly seemed legit to me

it wasnt a wallet code, he was going to buy a crate off the market then i would trade him the unusual.  honestly seemed legit to me

That's actually legit.  You put up a worthless crate for $100, he buys it, thus transferring the money.  You trade him the hat.  Why would you report him?

That's actually legit.  You put up a worthless crate for $100, he buys it, thus transferring the money.  You trade him the hat.  Why would you report him?

Not sure if you've heard but that's became the new scam. Scammer does just that, but the Steam account was either hijacked or (most likely) the account is using money from a stolen PP or card, and gets refunded a week or two later, consequently getting the seller of the crate banned for manipulation and such.

If you can give us details at full it would be easier for us to determine whether this guy is an Idiot/newbie or Scammer =/

anyways, Yes you can get scammed with this method if you go first... (and most likely IS A SCAM) (sidenote: if he really wanted to buy any of your unusuals with steam money, then just place em on the market :P)

and speaking about steam wallet, one final question to tell if it was really a scam. how much was he going to pay you for any or both of your Unusuals (Mallard Katyusha and Smoking baker boy)

Not sure if you've heard but that's became the new scam. Scammer does just that, but the Steam account was either hijacked or (most likely) the account is using money from a stolen PP or card, and gets refunded a week or two later, consequently getting the seller of the crate banned for manipulation and such.

Oh, trust me, I wouldn't advise anyone to do this.  However, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  As always, use the golden rule when it comes to any kind of cash trade: 

No cash rep = no trade

And the higher the value of the trade, the more rep is required.  

Archived