GT840M or GT920M

Vaccinated Autist

840m/920m  

18 members have voted

1. 1. in the title

920 TRUST ME if you want to play GTA V or any other demanding game get a gt920M with a I7 processer its gonna save alot of money 

If you have the money then why is there even a question? You obviously go for the newer model since its more up to date with more support/patches for any issues that are come across

920 TRUST ME if you want to play GTA V or any other demanding game get a gt920M with a I7 processer its gonna save alot of money 

I really hope you're joking here. An i3 and a better GPU would be FAR superior for gaming over something with an i7 and a piece of shit GPU (although generally laptops are spec'd in such a way that you won't get a decent GPU until you're at an i5 at least).

If you have the money then why is there even a question? You obviously go for the newer model since its more up to date with more support/patches for any issues that are come across

Because newer is not always better when the newer model is also several tiers lower. 

The 840m is actually technically the "newer" of the two. While the 920m was released more recently, it is based on the older Kepler architecture while the 840m is based on Maxwell. And the 840m is about 20-30% faster than a 920m. 

@@Vaccinated Autist Neither. Both are pretty piss poor for gaming. Aim for something with a GTX960m or greater, even if it means saving up a bit longer. 

for playing games

Stopped reading right there. Because it was the end of the sentence. He

Take something with integrated graphic, you will save a lot of money and will still be able to play.

Btw. Don't take any i7. Costs more than i5, but the diffirence between them is not worth it.

Stopped reading right there. Because it was the end of the sentence. He

Take something with integrated graphic, you will save a lot of money and will still be able to play.

Btw. Don't take any i7. Costs more than i5, but the diffirence between them is not worth it.

an 840m is still faster than integrated graphics by a decent margin (an 840m would be similar to Iris integrated graphics, which are noticeably faster than regular integrated graphics). 

Clarification, don't pay more for an i7 if it doesn't also come with a better GPU. Most mobile i7s are hyper threaded dual cores (as are most mobile i5s), however there are some quad core i7s (and quad core i5s for that matter). But for gaming a hyperthreaded dual core is fine (a quad core is better when paired with a better GPU, but at OPs price point ($700~), he won't be getting a good enough GPU to matter). 

Because newer is not always better when the newer model is also several tiers lower. 

The 840m is actually technically the "newer" of the two. While the 920m was released more recently, it is based on the older Kepler architecture while the 840m is based on Maxwell. And the 840m is about 20-30% faster than a 920m. 

You are now defending the 840m saying it has superior technology. You just answered your own question. You are more passionate about the 840 so go with the 840. You're welcome ;)

You are now defending the 840m saying it has superior technology. You just answered your own question. You are more passionate about the 840 so go with the 840. You're welcome ;)

I'm not the OP.

• 4 weeks later...

what's your budget on that laptop?

Neither of those choices is super attractive. Chances are we could find something with a better graphics card, which would be more important for gaming.

Got any reason for that?

You kinda never mention what games are you gonna play to start off with here

that would be nice so it be easier which graphics card are you gonna use :)

You kinda never mention what games are you gonna play to start off with here

that would be nice so it be easier which graphics card are you gonna use :)

Most of the popular games in 2013 & 2014 and also BF4

Most of the popular games in 2013 & 2014 and also BF4

Send me the models for the laptop with the 840 and 920

Send me the models for the laptop with the 840 and 920

i5 5200u

8GB RAM

750 GB HDD

GT840m

For the 920 its the same.

i5 5200u

8GB RAM

750 GB HDD

GT840m

For the 920 its the same.

I really hope you're joking here. An i3 and a better GPU would be FAR superior for gaming over something with an i7 and a piece of shit GPU (although generally laptops are spec'd in such a way that you won't get a decent GPU until you're at an i5 at least).

@@Vaccinated Autist Neither. Both are pretty piss poor for gaming. Aim for something with a GTX960m or greater, even if it means saving up a bit longer. 

well since you have a good explanation why i should lean more to GT840M,i think i'm going for it.

thanks.

Archived