Why Cant I read Unread Messages?

Άλφα Festive BlueFire™

I got an Issue that when someone send me a message and remove me as a friend, I could not read the messages they sent.

When you wanna read the messages, their name is just unknown(1) or unknown(2). This is annoying me since even if I access steam via browser, I could not message them back too nor view the messages.

Edit: I could not even message people when using the browser to access steam to chat.

Proof that I could not message people when using the browser to access steam: http://imgur.com/kLvN7nt

Anyone know what is happening here?How can I fixed this issue?

Cheers,

Wolf

Don't try adding the person. Click on [x] messages in your steam notifications and the steam chat should pop up (sometimes unknown, sometimes saying person's name), detailing what they said.

The other way would be to just add the person who removed you by clicking on the [x] messages notification on the steam application (on a computer / laptop) and press "add to friends list" and messages should show up once they add you.

Don't try adding the person. Click on [x] messages in your steam notifications and the steam chat should pop up (sometimes unknown, sometimes saying person's name), detailing what they said.

The other way would be to just add the person who removed you by clicking on the [x] messages notification on the steam application (on a computer / laptop) and press "add to friends list" and messages should show up once they add you.

don't understand what you trynna say haha :3

Just wait

It will go away after a while, had the same issue once with a scammer i blocked and unfriended but he sent me a msg i could not view

Took like a week

Step 1. Go to the steam web browser site (store.steampowered.com)

Step 2. Click on the notification

Step 3. A window should pop up with the message

Step 4. ???????

Step 5. profit $$$$$

Works.Every.Time.

Archived