New TF2 website

Sheep Farmer

Why should I go to your website? What is there on it worth seeing? All it seems to be is a selection of links that are the first result in google and 2 scripts almost everyone knows about.

What you are doing would be much better as a Steam guide than a website.

Instead of a guide-only website, because there are many, and most people don't stay to read what the already know, make a mixed one, include trading, maybe a list of sales; if one of your friend has a buying/selling bot, include it with a couple of prices and images.

Site looks too simple, just like a blog, add more color, more tf2 images, a better background, give the website another look.

Add how to get australiums, there are a lot of people that don't know how to get them.

Maybe a couple of MvM guides, what classes are the best for damage, what combos are needed for each tour, what characters should each person of the group use.

Maybe add some videos to the website and not too many external links. Make them stay in the website, don't send them to another place (ex. a link that sends you to youtube).

Add a couple of good-looking cosmetic loadouts, many people (including me), search good cosmetic loadouts, some unusual combos.

And don't ever, ever, ever add a radio pls.

Edit.

Btw, what's that Soilder class, i never saw it before.

Edit x2.

What's the name going to be?, you need a logo.

I gave you 2 good vids and instead you add wiki pages and meme troll videos. :(

aw fuk bye

might as well put in star videos and b4nny playing tf2 while high as fuk

Same problem as before, your website lacks direction and there is no reason to go to your website when literally every website out there already provides :S

-Your "class tips" are literally a bunch of links to other people's content (Which you will need to ask for permission before you steal their work).

-Your "guide to scams" is copy and pasted from here not to mention it's horribly out of date (https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/jhyte/common_trade_scams_and_how_to_avoid_them/) Which again you're stealing content which you will need to ask for permission before you do.

-Your scripts arn't your own work either.

Until you have a clear direction for you website instead of literally copy and pasting other people's stuff it provides no value. If anything you'll get into trouble for stealing people's work...

Maybe a couple of MvM guides, what classes are the best for damage, what combos are needed for each tour, what characters should each person of the group use.

If he does decide to do this it will need to be of top-notch quality since most people will just use the community guides. Unfortunately from what I can see he has yet to actually put in any thought/effort into his website seeing as the majority of the site is copy/pasting other people's stuff ._.

shouldn't have any advanced video guides on there, as most people who would be considered "advanced" would probably go straight to youtube and not go through your site

-Your "class tips" are literally a bunch of links to other people's content (Which you will need to ask for permission before you steal their work).

lol wat

He didn't download the video and upload it to his channel.. How is linking public videos & pages = stealing

lol wat

He didn't download the video and upload it to his channel.. How is linking public videos & pages = stealing

You'll be surprised what can be considered "stealing", him having a website which was made with the intention of getting some traffic and will have ads and what not (in this case not yet since he is using a free website creator) this means that he will be generating some sort of income from other people's work. Adsense or similar generates income based on a number of factors but of of them is how many people view the ad you'll get paid X (typically like 0.01$ per thousand something views). So if he has their content on his website he is generating income from said ads which is essentially stealing. Obviously he wont be making any money until he gets page views in the hundred thousands+ but it is stealing nonless since you're essentially taking viewership and/or generating viewership for things which are not your work.

So unless he has permission you cannot simply take shit and use as content for his site especially if that's a large bulk of his content...

You'll be surprised what can be considered "stealing", him having a website which was made with the intention of getting some traffic and will have ads and what not (in this case not yet since he is using a free website creator) this means that he will be generating some sort of income from other people's work. Adsense or similar generates income based on a number of factors but of of them is how many people view the ad you'll get paid X (typically like 0.01$ per thousand something views). So if he has their content on his website he is generating income from said ads which is essentially stealing. Obviously he wont be making any money until he gets page views in the hundred thousands+ but it is stealing nonless since you're essentially taking viewership and/or generating viewership for things which are not your work.

So unless he has permission you cannot simply take shit and use as content for his site especially if that's a large bulk of his content...

I own websites and I have Google Adsense so I know what you're saying but in this case it's irrelevant since he doesn't have ads yet.

Also I think you're misunderstanding "Sharing" and "Stealing".

Providing links to public videos with "Share" option enabled, hosted on a public video site, YouTube, uploaded by its original creator is not stealing.

Providing links to public pages like Wikipedia, Wikihow, all of which are public knowledge pages meant to be shared to the world is not stealing.

The website is diverting traffic to these links, not the other way around. If anyone benefits, it's the content creators especially the videos with monetary option enabled.

As Nobu said, it's sharing.

Not sure if you may know this however, if you display / embed a video from Youtube on a website, if the video has monetisation, they will still get views and $ from the built-in ads. Video and banner ads may still appear on the video, even if you're not on the Youtube site.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/132596?hl=en

I own websites and I have Google Adsense so I know what you're saying but in this case it's irrelevant since he doesn't have ads yet.

The website is diverting traffic to these links, not the other way around. If anyone benefits, it's the content creators especially the videos with monetary option enabled.

He has expressed interest in buying the domain...etc and if he ever does get adsense it becomes stealing. In general anyone which has anything to gain and/or generates income from content which is not their own can be considered stealing. Wiki has their own terms and agreements which essentially makes their all their information in the public domain/open source his links to youtubes...etc arn't. 

There is a difference between diverting traffic to links and generating traffic, in this case he is trying to generate traffic to his site via someone elses work. Yes, he doesnt have adsense  on his own website yet so he isnt "profiting" but his website should be majority his own work/content. This is why many websites which essentially "share" youtube videos get taken down fast since they arn't diverting traffic they are generating traffic to their site (which contain their own ads) whilst making a cut which is stealing.

As I see it, your website isn't very self-sufficient, most of your content is and I hesitate to use this word "stolen" or rather copypasted from different sources. Some may argue that all this information being compiled into one easy to read and accessible source would make it much easier to digest for any newcomers but I still think it would be beneficial to write your own articles, otherwise I don't see any reason to use your site seeing as I can already get all of the information posted there elsewhere.

The site's concept is certainly unique though a little rough around the edges. However, I think that with enough effort, you'll be able to iron out it's flaws and I wish you and your friends the best of luck in doing so and eventually sculpting the site into what you had envisioned.

Give love, we give love back. Help us out by compensating our moderators for their work.    

lol this sounds familiar  :D

I don't plan to use adsense

- cause i know most people hate ads

- anyways most people have ad blockers

- and its other people's content!

Archived