Validating a buyer for my sunbeams anger

=Oblivion=

Could someone here help me with this, I have a buyer for my sunbeams anger and he's going to pay me 250 pure for it. Though I said I would go and sell those keys for cash anyways so I asked him if he can do a cash trade when he has the money for it (which will be in a week he said). So all fine, I checked his steamrep and all that stuff and I couldn't find any negative stuff leading back to him, BUT also none positive ratings anywhere.

So my first question is, am I allowed to post a name here? And if so, could someone help me out with validating him?

If it's not allowed, is there another way to learn more about the user?

Thanks in advance, I hope I posted this in the right forum because I didn't really know where to post it.

You should get the 250 pure keys and sell it separately to different users. Positive ratings means nothing lol people still scam even with positive rating.

Unless the cash trade is in person where the guy hands you cash or the guy you're trading with is a highly reputable person who has a lot to lose if caught scamming, don't do it man.

You must to know people buying full price for unusual is ALWAYS SCAMMER

Trusted buyer is always buying in quickselling and not in full price

And if a buyer paying only in money and decline for paying in keys is ALWAYS SCAMMER

Also always check price backpack outpost profile before trade a scammer is easier to see because he has nothing in his bp

say to him to get keys and back here with keys if he decline is a scammer because bp tf price is 180 keys so 250 keys is very full price

ALWAYS SCAMMER

No, nothing there makes them a scammer.

If you're uncomfortable with such a high value trade with someone, just don't do it. Take the keys and sell those to someone you're more comfortably selling to via PayPal. I personally wouldn't do such a high value trade with someone with little or no rep.

Well, the thing is he's a collector and in top 10 backpack value of tf2 so that's why I kinda trust him. Though maybe just trading the keys will be a better option indeed.

Well, the thing is he's a collector and in top 10 backpack value of tf2 so that's why I kinda trust him. Though maybe just trading the keys will be a better option indeed.

Then that's enough proof..

No one wants to get banned with that amount of money

He is 100% safe

???

what

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Then that's enough proof..

No one wants to get banned with that amount of money

He is 100% safe

Yeah...I guess that doesn't apply to Neutron.

And if a buyer paying only in money and decline for paying in keys is ALWAYS SCAMMER

No.No. And no. Am I always a scammer because I don't buy anything for pure on this account anymore? I only buy shit for paypal on this account.

So all the times I've sold my unusuals for full asking price, from 10 keys to 150 keys, I've sold to scammers?

No.No. And no. Am I always a scammer because I don't buy anything for pure on this account anymore? I only buy shit for paypal on this account.

So all the times I've sold my unusuals for full asking price, from 10 keys to 150 keys, I've sold to scammers?

I agree with you...Just because people don't rip off others doesn't mean they're scammers.

Positive ratings means nothing lol people still scam even with positive rating.

It's a lot less likely they'll scam if they have 10+ positive reps from my experience. Even if youre unsure, there are ways to protect yourself on PayPal.

Also always check price backpack outpost profile before trade a scammer is easier to see because he has nothing in his bp

say to him to get keys and back here with keys if he decline is a scammer because bp tf price is 180 keys so 250 keys is very full price

Ive sold full price to high value backpacks plenty of times. Always is really a bad term to use there.

If these are guidelines you all use then it's no wonder why trading is going down the shitter.

Seeing how everyone seems to be shitting all over this post: 

He has a point.  Maybe it didn't apply in this case, but generally when someone with no rep comes along, asking to buy a hat via paypal willing to pay more than bp price, it's a huge red flag.  Sometimes it works out, but more often than not it ends in a scam.  

Also, don't forget that when this comment was made, we didn't know the buyer was in the top 10 highest valued backpacks. Yes, that guy sounds safe, but would we say the same if the guy had a $200 backpack?  I don't think so.  

Seeing how everyone seems to be shitting all over this post: 

He has a point.  Maybe it didn't apply in this case, but generally when someone with no rep comes along, asking to buy a hat via paypal willing to pay more than bp price, it's a huge red flag.  Sometimes it works out, but more often than not it ends in a scam.  

Also, don't forget that when this comment was made, we didn't know the buyer was in the top 10 highest valued backpacks. Yes, that guy sounds safe, but would we say the same if the guy had a $200 backpack?  I don't think so.  

It's so easy to charge them the invoice fee of only a few extra dollars. If they are a "collector" they probably won't mind paying the extra 2.9% value + $0.30. If not then just say keys or no deal. Don't be afraid to be patient and have some balls to say no.

I'm not really able to reply to all replies here but he wasn't the one asking for paypal either. He said he would be able to get the keys in 2 weeks (250 of them) and im the one who said maybe paypal is easier. I guess he's a legit trader though but I find it kinda weird cause he doesn't have any rep even though he did over 16.000 trades which is why I wanted to ask some other traders.

I'm not really able to reply to all replies here but he wasn't the one asking for paypal either. He said he would be able to get the keys in 2 weeks (250 of them) and im the one who said maybe paypal is easier. I guess he's a legit trader though but I find it kinda weird cause he doesn't have any rep even though he did over 16.000 trades which is why I wanted to ask some other traders.

I suggest you add someone here who has paypal experience so they can help you vet the account.  I find it difficult to believe that someone with a top 10 backpack has no cash rep whatsoever.  It certainly is possible, but it's not likely.   

Alternatively, provide his/her steam account in this thread, although I could see why you might not want to do that.  Doing so however will get you a number of very educated responses.  

Well, I asked polar too and he knew him and backed him in being safe to cash trade with because of the history of the person. I also asked him if he was ok with splitting the trade. first half the money, then the item and then the other half of the money. He's ok with that so I think it'll be fine. He apparently also did some huge paypal transactions before involving a few thousand usd.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll make sure to post here when the deal is done to let the ones interested know :)

The deal went through today, just received 450 usd and he went first. Gave him my anger and all good for now :) Just so you guys know, the person in question was Ace, a very friendly and seasoned collector.

The deal went through today, just received 450 usd and he went first. Gave him my anger and all good for now :) Just so you guys know, the person in question was Ace, a very friendly and seasoned collector.

Give them a nickname in your contacts and keep an eye on that payment now. If something happens you can get back in contact with them.

Archived